School Nurse (Part-Time)
Company: Tanque Verde Unified School District
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Emily Gray Junior High School is seeking a part-time School
Nurse for school year 2021-2022. This position will job-share with
the current School Nurse at Emily Gray. This position is budgeted
for 20 hours per week. There may be opportunities to work
additional hours throughout the District as needed.
Applicant must hold an RN license. Experience as a School Nurse
Will work with Junior High age students with a variety of
Must be able to make quick, informed decisions when required on
what medical attention may be needed. Ability to maintain
confidentiality as required in the educational and medical
environment. Must enjoy and work well with junior high school age
students, administrators, teaching faculty, and parents. Ability to
communicate well with all.
Example of Duties:
- Plans school health program, in cooperation with medical
authority and administrative school district policy and state
- Assesses students' health status, reviews findings and makes
recommendations for treatment or placement in least restrictive
- May instruct classes in subjects such as family life, drugs,
dental health growth and bacteria, body systems.
- Works with a school team to identify and meet social, emotional
and physical needs of students.
- Enforces immunization requirements according to state law.
- Provides counseling, first aid and maintains health records of
- Administers first aid and health counseling for students,
faculty and staff.
- Makes referrals for medical treatment when indicated.
- Provides hearing, vision and scoliosis screening programs as
required by state law.
- Dispenses medications to students, monitors students for
possible adverse reactions or side effects of medications.
- Trains staff member, designated by Principal, to dispense
medication (only in absence of school nurse).
- Performs nursing procedures necessary for medically involved
students in the school setting.
- Works with community agencies in planning facilities to meet
needs of children outside school situation
- Works with special education staff in developing individual
education programs for students.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises the school nursing program and
- Ensures that all activities conform to district
- Participates in duties and activities as assigned or required
by the Governing Board or District or School Administration.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to create and maintain a climate of respect.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of students and staff, and
to protect records and information gained as part of exercising
professional duties. Ability to discern when to use discretion in
sharing such information within legal confines.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical practices and guidelines in
nursing and school policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain positive, cooperative and mutually
supportive relationships with students, parents, and site
- Knowledge of computer applications and ability to learn new
programs as needed.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Skill in critical and creative thinking.
- Valid Arizona RN License.
- Prefer at least a year of clinical experience.
- Ability to work with various software programs.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
Keywords: Tanque Verde Unified School District, Tucson , School Nurse (Part-Time), Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!