Machine Technician Assembly 2nd Shift
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Howmet Aerospace has an opening for an experienced Machine
Technician for Assembly in our Tucson AZ location. Howmet
Aerospace, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading
global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace
and transportation industries. The Company's primary businesses
focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems and
titanium structural parts necessary for mission-critical
performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications,
as well as forged wheels for commercial transportation. Howmet
Aerospace is transforming the next phase of more fuel-efficient,
quieter aerospace engines and sustainable ground transportation.
For more information, visit www.howmet.com. Follow @howmet:
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Operate a variety of machine tools, machines to produce
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings & engineering
information to determine methods, sequence of operations in order
to fabricate product.
- Measure, examine & test completed units to detect defects.
- Fabricate replacement and new parts for facility
- Fabricate, erect, install, and maintain facility
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Produce, rework and repair various machine tooling within the
drawing and specification requirements.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job
Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Maintain, clean and secure work area and tools.
- Secure equipment when not in use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Howmet EH&S, Quality, Continuous Improvements and
other Company Policies.
High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Experience and Background:
Experience within a manufacturing environment is desired or have
a background working with machinery. Attention to detail and strong
communication skills are required. Prefer previous hands on
experience using measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers,
and reading blueprints.
This position will physically require the incumbent to perform
duties standing, walking, overhead reaching, lifting (35 - 40lbs),
pushing and pulling totes, and leaning over machines, all equally
on a regular basis.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Tucson , Machine Technician Assembly 2nd Shift, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!