The Case Manager is responsible for managing assigned caseload
in compliance with the under the direct supervision of the Clinic
Manager, with oversight from Clinical and Operations Supervisors
including Medical Director. Serves as the main contact for services
required outside of the counseling arena and assists assigned
counselor with all requirements, needs, supports and tasks
requested for client and required for chart completion.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Required to provide advocacy and linkage to community resources
for health and social services needs identified during the
initial assessment process and throughout treatment
- Coordination of internal support needs and to reduce treatment
- Assist with screening potential clients for program, scheduling
intake appointments, intake and orientation of new clients to
- Monitors Medicaid paperwork for enrollment and disenrollment
from services and completes required intake and discharge
forms as required. Facilitate Medicaid or other insurance needs
and processes for all clients, including documentation of
Insurance/Medicaid and tracking clients use of services.
- Complete wellness phone call checks and maintain progress notes
and other required documentation for services provided as
directed by the Clinic Manager and Clinical team members.
- Responsible for tx and service referrals as needed, as well as
coordination of care with PCP and other mutual providers (MH
tx, DCS, probation/parole, etc).
- Assists with transportation arrangements as needed.
- Arranges for courtesy dosing and requesting exceptions to take
home medication policy.
- Collaborates with counselor to follow up regarding AWOLs and
abnormal drug screens.
- Facilitates internal transfers to other CMS locations as well
as transfers to external MAT programs.
- Assist clients upon intake with appropriate documentation,
including, but not limited to: releases of information,
of Care letters, client fee agreements, advanced directives, and
language assistance forms.
- Facilitating the application and tracking process for the
Substance Use Disorder Voucher process and communication with
clients regarding the process.
- Facilitate client clinical documentation, coordinating with the
- Attends required meetings: Clinical staff meetings, clinical
oversight, workshops, seminars and training, etc. as assigned
the Clinic Manager or Clinical and Operations Supervisor,
including and Medical Director.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED as well as a combination of
behavioral health education and work experience totaling a
of 1 year. Bachelor's degree in a related field a plus. Valid
state-issued driver's license and MVR clearance is required.
years of driving experience is required. A 39-month MVR is
required for you to have at the time of your interview.
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods,
crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent
behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply
these techniques to a client population in various levels of
- Academic & working knowledge of DSM V, community resources,
clinical methods and procedures and application of the
same. Residential experience, knowledge of psychotropic
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic
- General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with
adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not
limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser
software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending,
stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged
operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers,
and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.