Company: Pima County Government
Posted on: June 10, 2021
This position, with rotating days, evening, and weekend
shifts, is in the Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation
Salary Grade: 27
Leads recreational/leisure activities for groups of varying ages at
recreation centers and selected sites. This classification may also
coordinate the efforts of recreational staff and volunteer,
seasonal and intermittent personnel.
Preference given to current Pima County
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs
and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the
- Leads and coordinates recreational and sports activities;
- Maintains close liaison with the community and provides
information about recreation activities;
- Coordinates recreation activities and special events with
social activities of other agencies;
- Interprets and explains game rules and organizes teams in
- Supervises the issuance, use and care of recreation supplies
- Officiates informal sports and team activities;
- Coordinates work of assigned recreation personnel;
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of recreation facilities;
- Maintains records and prepares reports;
- Collects and verifies accuracy of employee time sheets;
- Guides youth and maintains discipline;
- Attends meetings and training sessions;
- Arranges for volunteer transportation.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles, rules, materials, equipment, and organization of a
variety of play, sport and recreation activities;
- facilities and equipment used in community recreational
- first aid techniques.
- instructing and leading groups of program participants;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- stimulating interest and enthusiasm among others;
- maintaining records and preparing reports;
- maintaining discipline.
520 hours of experience involving interaction with
varying age groups, individually or in groups, within the
recreational field or a related professional area.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly
documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the
application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or
write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be
specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure
the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies,
specifically addressing the required and preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience leading group games, sports
or physical activities with various age groups.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience leading arts and crafts
activities, fine arts programs or performing arts for various age
- Minimum of six (6) months experience using basic computer
programs and applications. .
- Minimum of six (6) months experience providing fitness,
wellness or nutrition programming for various age groups.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right
to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet
the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be
assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and
experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications
may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred
Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the
successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human
Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part
of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Current First Aid
certification required on the date of appointment; CPR
certification desirable for some positions. Valid driver
license is required at time of application. Valid
AZ driver license is required at time of
appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month
DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's
suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima
County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain
the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for
termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this
recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval
of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Item: The County requires pre-employment
background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer,
pre-employment background screening to include verification of work
history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior
criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate
from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory
abilities will be determined by position.
Keywords: Pima County Government, Tucson , Recreation Leader, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!