Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
Assistant Director of Nursing - $6,000 Sign On
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Assists the Director,
Clinical Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing
the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services department in
accordance with current federal, state and local standards. Assists
in maintaining systems and established policy and procedures.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of each resident using
acceptable long-term care assessment software tools and according
to state and federal time frames. Coordinates care plans for each
resident. Oversees the day to day care of each resident to ensure
care plans are followed.
- Works with other team members to establish appropriate level of
care in accordance with Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Assists the Director, Clinical Services in ensuring
comprehensive and accurate documentation by nursing service/direct
- Monitors, manages and provides education on Clinical Systems,
programs, and processes as assigned by the Director, Clinical
Services. Implements Clinical Systems and programs in accordance
with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long
- Monitors the community Quality Indicators and survey reports
and provides the Director, Clinical Services recommendations for
Success Planning to include conducting and scheduling in-service
training classes that provide instruction of clinical skills and
required education topics.
- Assists in developing and implementing a Clinical Services
organizational structure. Assists in determining staffing needs;
recruits, selects, and orients nursing/direct care personnel. Leads
programs for staff development. Develops work assignments,
schedules duty hours, and delegates authority to supervisory/lead
- Reviews complaints and grievances filed by personnel and/or
residents. Reports and investigates all allegations of abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property. Reports suspected or known
violations of disclosure of resident protected health
- Assists with the coordination of ancillary services.
- Collects, coordinates, and submits MDS data to the state.
- Monitors medication and treatment schedules; works with
attending physicians; and provides direct care when required.
- Participates in maintaining the policy and procedures that
govern the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Services
Department. Possesses knowledge of state, federal, and OSHA
regulations, and implements policies and procedures to ensure
compliance with regulations and guidelines. Ensures staff
compliance with regulations.
- Participates in developing and implementing safety standards
and regulations for equipment, supplies, and resident care rooms.
Implements safe practices in accordance with state, federal, and
OSHA regulations for resident safety, and ensures that policies and
procedures in regards to resident safety are followed by staff and
- Monitors supply and equipment needs and budget. Monitors
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum
two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Long term care experience
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Must have valid and current state (RN) license, issued by
appropriate state licensing agency.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of the company.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Tucson , Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!