Teacher Science - Biology
Company: Sahuarita Unified School District
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Contract Terms: 10 Months
Salary Classification: Certified Salary Determination Chart
General Statement of Responsibilities:
Develops and implements a curriculum program consistent with
district educational goals and objectives.
Essential functions, as defined under the American with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills, and other characteristics. This list is illustrative only,
and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed
by positions in this job class.
- Observes and monitors control of students' behavior in the
classroom, playground, field trips, lunchroom, library, school
buses, and other areas.
- Establishes, maintains, and promotes a classroom atmosphere
that ensures the emotional and physical safety and well-being of
students and emphasizes mutual respect, self-worth,
self-discipline, cooperation, consideration, and
- Assesses student needs, develops, implements, and evaluates
daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and
materials. Modifies instruction of program to meet the needs of
- Plans, organizes, and displays classroom materials, space, and
time appropriate to curricular activities.
- Utilizes and implements classroom management techniques to
maintain organization, orderliness and student safety, and a
productive learning environment. Utilizes positive reinforcement to
maximize desired behavior and educational outcomes.
- Plans instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon
student need and established curriculum. Implements instructional
techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Evaluates written materials to include written assignments and
tests. Analyzes and evaluates student progress and course
- Evaluates the performance of students regarding achievements in
curriculum and activities and makes necessary provisions to meet
learning needs. Ensures parents and students are informed of
methods of evaluation utilized in the classroom.
- Informs parents of student progress. Advises parents of
instructional methods that may assist student. Informs parents of
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote
learning activities for students consistent with district and
school education objectives.
- Notifies site administrator of the special needs of students
who display characteristics that vary from the norm. Collaborates
with specialists to assist students.
- May monitor the activities of a teacher assistant and classroom
- Orders classroom supplies and instructional materials.
- And other duties as assigned.
A. REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Arizona teaching certification;
- Highly Qualified, as defined by Federal Standards, in the
subject in which you are to teach;
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, or
experience that meets the minimum qualifications and state
certification requirements will be accepted.
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
B. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust
- COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY
- Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful
- Dedication to providing the highest level of service;
- Willingness to adhere to policies and procedures.
A. LANGUAGE: Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization;
B. MATHEMATICS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
C. REASONING: Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
in standardized situations.
D. LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Must use sound judgment in
EVALUATION PROCEDURE: In accordance with provisions specified in
SUPERVISION RECEIVED Reports to school/site administration
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Some
APPLICATION PROCEDURE Apply Online
Keywords: Sahuarita Unified School District, Tucson , Teacher Science - Biology, Other , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!