HVAC Truck Based Senior Controls Technician
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: October 9, 2021
What you will do
Under minimal supervision, conducts
preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and
general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of
systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction
through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high
level of complete technical competence, mentors control
technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on
building automation activities. Properly completes required project
and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions
requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital
controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in
multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through data gathered and site
- Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or
enhancements to existing equipment.
- Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient
execution of time and customer satisfaction.
- Reports problems or changes to management
- Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service
project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate
activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for
engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job
layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating
- Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided,
outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades,
and or replacement.
- Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards.
Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls
technicians in the branch.
- Provides safety awareness while working onsite with Johnson
- Trains the customer in control systems operations.
- Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training
needs as required.
- Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians
and Service Technicians on complex building automation
- Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on
non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of
completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice)
to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product
- Completes certifications as required by the company.
Other duties related to the
installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and
facilities management systems and energy management systems, as
What we look for
- Vocational School four year program graduate or an Associate’s
degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air
conditioning or similar field.
- Degree may be offset by two years’ experience in servicing
electronic and or mechanical systems.
- Seven to ten years of increasingly responsible experience in
installing and servicing electronic control and HVAC
- Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to
customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to
technical and non-technical people.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated
understanding of computer programs and software applications as
related to the HVAC Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature
controls, building automation systems and other building
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage
building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON,
BacNet, N2, Modbus, etc).
Who we are
Supportive team environment and add
to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package
starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth
Johnson Controls International plc.
is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status
as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Tucson , HVAC Truck Based Senior Controls Technician, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!