Phlebotomy Float Hospitals
Company: Sonora Quest
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Primary City/State: Tucson, Arizona Department Name: SWAT
Phlebotomy-Ref Lab Work Shift: Job Category: Phlebotomy $1k SIGN ON
BONUS Part time float phlebotomist needed to cover our hospital
locations. This position will float between Banner University,
Banner University South and Banner University Cancer Centers, as
needed, drawing all patient floors and ages to help our most
emergent patients with their critical diagnostic needs. We are
proud to offer new base pay rates!! New Grads: $16.30. Experienced
(3-11+ yrs): $18.06 - $20.02, depending on experience. **These
positions require performing safety-sensitive functions in the
healthcare industry and as a result, we do not hire people who use
marijuana for such a safety-sensitive position** POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the area supervisor, this position's primary
responsibility is to provide coverage at multiple locations. This
position may work within a Patient Service Center, IOP (Physician's
Office), Hospital, or other facility (long term care, assisted
living, patient home, health fair). This position is responsible
for the collection and receipt of biological specimens into the
department, their proper entry into the company's computer system,
the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the
distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This
includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical
testing. This position will also perform specified analytical
testing as assigned. Follows the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Minimum age requirement of 18.
- High school graduate, or have achieved equivalency through the
- Good reading, writing and math abilities.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of department resource materials.
- Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical
laboratory setting. Phlebotomy positions may substitute completion
of a phlebotomy school for experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Position may require ADHS Fingerprinting Certification or the
ability to obtain fingerprint certification.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and
required to cover at mobile phlebotomy facilities/in-office
phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements;
weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional
on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid state driver's license,
and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance
policy. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Additional related education
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Knowledge of medical terminology. DATE APPROVED 11/01/2020
Keywords: Sonora Quest, Tucson , Phlebotomy Float Hospitals, Other , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!