Permanent Building Substitute (22 / 23SY)
Company: Sunnyside Unified School District
Posted on: May 17, 2022
- Permanent Building Substitute (22/23SY) JobID: 4827
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Sierra 2 - 8 School
- Date Available:
DEFINITION: On-call to provide instruction to students in
accordance with established lesson plans. Administer directions to
students and may prepare lesson plans, evaluate and monitor
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge,
skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks ILLUSTRATIVE
ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks
performed by positions in this class.)
- Maintain the established routines and procedures
- Uphold all District policies, rules and procedures
- Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent Teacher and
teach lessons as prepared
- Plan, organize and display classroom materials appropriate to
the curricular activities
- Maximize the probability for success by clearly communicating
expectations, adapting for individual learner needs, actively
involving the students and providing a risk-free, safe
- Observe behavior of children in the classroom and on the
- Manage students behavior
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior and
provide directions to students in emergency situations
- Monitor and be knowledgeable of the activities of
paraprofessionals and classroom volunteers
- Provide feedback to the Teacher, including lessons completed,
possible changes made in the plan and why and comments of student
- Utilize the Districts substitute system to accept or decline
substitute teaching assignments
- Report to the accepted-assignment schools main office 30
minutes early to:
- Sign in
- Discuss any administrator directions (if needed)
- Review lesson plans
- Prepare for lessons
- Review and understand the school discipline procedures
- Become familiar with the building and school safety plan
- Determine break times and planning periods
- Determine with other Teachers would be available for assistance
- Long Term and Permanent Substitute placements; refer to Teacher
job description for a list of responsibilities KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge and understanding State and Federal activities
Knowledge of developmental levels of school age children.
Knowledge of District and Department policies and procedures.
Knowledge of various teaching techniques and methods.
Knowledge of classroom management methods.
Skill in applying common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Skill in reading and interpreting documents such as rules,
instructions, and procedure manuals.
Skill in writing routine reports and correspondence.
Skill in effective written and oral communication.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
Skill in basic math computations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an indoor environment.
Work requires frequent sitting, repetitive motion, vision to
monitor, and may require some lifting.
Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate or Substitute Certificate
Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
K 12 Teaching experience
Depending on the needs of the District, some incumbents in this
class must be able to demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and
English as a condition of employment.
Daily Rate: $155.00 Start Date: 2022/2023 School Year Additional
Information: 1 Position
Keywords: Sunnyside Unified School District, Tucson , Permanent Building Substitute (22 / 23SY), Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!