133 - Food City Produce Clerk - Country Club & 22nd St
Posted on: June 23, 2022
With a focus on providing superior customer service, the produce
clerk provides customers with product knowledge and the freshest
and best quality produce, replenishing and rotating merchandise,
filling refrigerated and non-refrigerated cases, and building
colorful and attractive displays.
* Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers
and the team.
* Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering
product information, providing selling suggestions and active
sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
* Unloading trailers, receiving merchandise verifying orders,
breaking down produce loads, positioning cases of product in the
produce warehouse or walk-in cooler.
* Understanding proper product trimming, rotation, culling,
crisping and watering techniques and procedures, ensuring product
attractiveness and shelf life.
* Building attractive displays of produce, while maintaining proper
product inventory levels.
* Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing,
signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and
* Keeping clean neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept
* Attentively stocking dated perishable products, rotating them as
necessary to ensure quality and safety.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be
at least 18-years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. This description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee
that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
* Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
* Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to
accomplish assigned duties.
* Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business
* Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms,
and posted company policies/procedures.
* Identify and communicate the place of origin, taste and uses of a
wide variety of fruits, vegetables and other produce products.
* Learn the uses and cooking methods of fruits, vegetables and
produce products merchandised.
* Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to
fill and rotate products quickly and use necessary equipment,
including knives, wrappers and scales.
* Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body
language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in
writing when necessary.
* Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of
customers and fellow members.
* Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently
lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies weighing 30 - 40
* Lift and maneuver up to 100 lbs. and break down large and very
heavy pallet loads of produce cases, boxes and bags.
* Operate manual and electric pallet jacks.
* Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers.
* Work with all sorts of vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts,
flavorings, sauces and oils.
Keywords: Basha's, Tucson , 133 - Food City Produce Clerk - Country Club & 22nd St, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!