GI/Endoscopy Tech FT Arizona Digestive Institute
Company: United Surgical Partners International, Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
USPI Arizona Digestive Institute is looking for a GI tech/
Endoscopy Tech for a busy GI center in Tucson.
- Monday to Friday work schedule!
- OFF on weekends and holidays!
- NO call!Job Summary: Assists the endoscopy team during
endoscopy procedures. Arranges and inventories sterile set-up for
operation, and passes items as needed for the endoscopy team.
Assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the
endoscopy room. Endo Tech is responsible for the provision of care
to meet identified patient outcomes and to achieve the goals of the
facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. Provides a
centralized distribution and control of supplies and equipment for
the facility. In charge of shipping and receiving, stores prepared
articles and supplies in designated areas. Maintains and tracks
inventory according to facility procedures.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse
and according to surgery center policy and procedure.
- Efficiently and effectively assists physician with
- Anticipates physicians' needs both in preparing for procedure
and during procedure.
- Reports the patient's planned outcomes to the Registered Nurse
in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to patient care and facility
needs in an emergency situation.
- Initiates and implements basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(CPR) as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all
- Demonstrates ability to meet patient's and family's learning
needs as identified in the plan of care.
- Orients the patient and family to the patient care environment
- Implements the teaching plan as directed by the Registered
- Encourages patient/family participation in community education
- Demonstrates continued competence in treating, and caring for
individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental
- Displays an understanding of each patient's cognitive,
physical, emotional, and chronological maturity in the assessments,
treatment, and care undertaken.
- Appropriately modifies approach to the patient based upon
patient age utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Provides appropriate interventions related to safety
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated
skills identified for position.
- Demonstrates proper cleaning and care of the endoscopy
- Responsible for the receipt and distribution of central supply,
floor stock, office and stock supplies and rental equipment.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory, not allowing stock
items to deplete, but not "over stocking"
- Returns or removes excess stock
- Ensures that rental equipment has safety and performance check
by biomedical personnel.
- Cleans and disinfects rental equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment is issued proper tags.
- Responsible for all inventory control programs in accordance
with facility safety and security procedures.
- Maintains C.S. distribution and bulk storage areas arranged by
sections; labels shelves in areas to note what items belong on what
- Keeps carts and shelves to standards: 6" from floor, 18" from
- Checks all incoming shipments for damage.
- Properly processes instruments and trays
- Uses proper cleaning materials to clean instruments and
- Handles instruments in a manner which prolongs "life" of
- Maintains proper records of instrumentation processing,
- Demonstrates principles of aseptic techniques
- Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment during all
components of instrument processing
- Utilizes appropriate cleaning supplies and equipment to perform
relevant cleaning functions on a variety of surfaces and
- Uses chemicals properly and according to directions on the
- Stores all supplies in properly labeled containers and in
- Adheres to bloodborne pathogen standards and standard
precautions to include the use of appropriate personal protective
equipment (eg, gloves, masks, eye protection, face shields) when
cleaning the room and equipment and when handling any potentially
infectious materials (eg, disposing of liquid waste).
- Performs hand hygiene when gloves are removed and as soon as
possible when hands are soiled.
- Demonstrates the containment, cleaning, disinfection, and
surveillance processes that are necessary during construction,
repair, renovation, or demolition.Required Skills:
- 1 year of experience as a GI/Endoscopy Tech.
- BLS required.
- Familiarity with Olympus scopes preferred.USPI complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Inc, Tucson , GI/Endoscopy Tech FT Arizona Digestive Institute, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!