Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Mill Repair is responsible for repairing and maintaining mining and
milling equipment, conveyors, hydraulics, pumps etc.
- Perform basic pump repair- Horizontal and Vertical pumps.
- Perform basic Crusher repair- Rebuild, Lubrication and
- Perform basic cutting and welding.
- Perform basic Cyclone repairs.
- Basic Mill Lining abilities = Pulling, lifting (50 lbs),
squatting, crawling and walking on uneven surfaces.
- Perform proper bearing installations.
- Perform basic pipe fitting and pipe threading of different
types of pipe.
- Rigging abilities = Pulling straps, cables (15 lbs)
- Conveyor Belt adjusting abilities = pulling (50 lbs)
- Abilities to use come-along hoists.
- Proper use of power tools.
- Proper use of Torque wrenches, Hydraulic Jacks and Hand
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate a Forklift, Manlift, Hydralifts and other
- Must have some mechanical repair and/or welding experience on
- Basic cutting and welding abilities.
- Basic pipe fitting abilities, pipe threading, different types
- Must be able to walk some distance, upstairs and carrying tools
up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach with, lift and hold overhead
approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to swing a 20 lb. hammer.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas, on heights and in
- Must be able to work in high temperatures and in humidity
levels (inside a mill, summertime).
- Basic ability to speak, read and write in English.
- MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS THE FIRST CLASS OR SECOND-CLASS
REPAIRMAN TEST AND WELDING TEST TO BE CONSIDERED.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the safest, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that they work
within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Tucson , Mill Repairman, Other , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!