Company: ATLAS Healthcare Partners LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionBanner Surgery Center – Reid Park is managed by
Atlas Healthcare Partners. The surgery center offers exceptional
care and outstanding customer service to patients and physicians in
the Tucson Community. This ASC can be adaptable to all specialties
and offers two operating rooms for our focus on Pain Management,
Ophthalmology, ENT and Orthopedics.
Banner Health and Atlas Healthcare have partnered to manage,
operate and grow Banner Surgery Centers throughout the Southwest.
As one of the fast-growing healthcare partnerships, their focus is
to provide exceptional care and outstanding customer service to
every patient, every physician, every time. All this while focusing
daily on their company core values of Integrity, Culture, Teamwork,
Respect, and Results. We provide top of the industry health and
dental benefits with a matching retirement package. It's a special
working environment and one we believe you will greatly enjoy.
ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for procuring and
maintaining adequate levels of anesthesia, routine and specialty
supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Handles the surgery
center's needs for all surgeries and procedures scheduled. Reports
to Director of Operations and Finance (DOF), if no DOF, then
reports directly to CEO. Note: this opportunity is located at our
BANNER SURGERY CENTER - REID PARK facility in Tucson, AZ.
- Coordinates procurement of anesthesia, routine and specialty
supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Handles the
department's needs for are all surgeries and procedures
- Receives requests for special equipment and/or supplies from
the department managers and procures them for the correct patient,
procedure, date, and time. Works with department managers to
identify any supply or equipment conflicts.
- Maintains daily HST supply/implant entries and assures entries
are processed and priced accurately. Reviews costs and supports
medical and implant supply procurement for requested surgeries or
- Promotes and monitors cost containment and encourages
conversion to Atlas standardization of products and equipment.
Attends system product evaluation meetings to relate the needs of
the departments regarding product comparison substitution and
availability. May also participate in the planning of supplies,
equipment and materials for new construction move-ins and
- Reviews delivery receipts for ordered supplies and equipment
and verifies cost, quantity, etc. prior to payment. Works with
billing and auditing staff to ensure that equipment/supplies are
billed to the correct patient.
- Works with Atlas supply chain team to add new items to
inventory management system and ensure current items are
appropriately selected when purchase orders are created. Minimizes
the number of free-form purchase orders to ensure price integrity
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules and arranges for
equipment repair and replacement and coordinates alternate
equipment availability or arranges to lease equipment. May
maintains a capital equipment inventory file and implant log, i.e.
pacemakers, artificial joints, bone implants, etc.
- Aligns with clinical team on new supplies or implants that
would like to be used to ensure correct contracted pricing is
uploaded into inventory management system prior to initial/new
- Maintains inventory count sheets and par levels for all supply
- Assists with maintenance of preference cards by working with
Director of Nursing, and Operating Room Manager to ensure physician
preference cards are accurate and utilized.
- Adheres to AIDET patient communication guidelines: Acknowledge,
Introduce, Duration, Explanation.
- Performs all functions according to established policies,
procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as
applicable professional standards. Provides all customers, both
internal and external, with an excellent service experience by
consistently demonstrating our core behaviors each day. If
excellent service is not achieved the position requires service
recovery, follow up and resolution.Required SkillsMINIMUM
- Requires business, math and communication skills, knowledge and
abilities as normally evidenced by an associate degree in business
or procurement, or equivalent experience and training.
- The position also requires skills and abilities typically
acquired with 2 years of experience in a surgery area, materials
management, or related area. Must possess excellent communication
and organizational skills and a working knowledge of surgical
supplies and equipment.
- Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have
the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology
is strongly preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Keywords: ATLAS Healthcare Partners LLC, Tucson , Materials Coordinator, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!