General Maintenance Supervisor (Mill)
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
With limited supervision, manages all the maintenance supervisors,
planners, and contractors of assigned department. Leads the
management of both short-term and long-term maintenance strategies,
long term planning, and supporting budget development and cost
control. Drives and leads change in continuous improvement
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, supervises, enhances, and
monitors designated maintenance and planning practices for the
- Lead the mechanical maintenance group in providing technical
support and direction to the assigned department. Ensures direct
reports and departmental teams have clear and specific goes to
support the operation. Ensures appropriate knowledge and training
programs for direct reports.
- Execute tactical and strategic goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures for the maintenance group.
- Apply personal expertise and knowledge while supporting
maintenance and planning processes, ensuring appropriate daily,
short- and long-range planning and scheduling techniques are
- Supervises or reviews, investigates, and develops appropriate
recommendations to achieve or exceed downstream processing goals
and objectives under a continuous improvement approach.
- Support overall planning and maintenance forecasting activities
for cost and equipment performance.
- Ensures optimum daily operations of the concentrator with both
a short and long-term outlook by providing proactive advice to the
Operations and Maintenance departments.
- Be a major contributor to the development of spares
identification efforts, ensure adequate reviews are arranged and
spare parts recommendations are provided to supply chain.
- Enforce safe practices, ensure safe conditions, and promote a
safe attitude among assigned departmental employees.
- Comply with environmental requirements and promote
environmental awareness among assigned departmental employees.
- Administer the provision of the Collective Bargaining
- Performs other duties as required. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and holidays (24/7/365
- Must be proficient with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel and MS
- Experience with operation/maintenance of milling and/or similar
process equipment (i.e. conveyors, crushers, rod mills, ball mills,
SAG mills, vertical mill, screen decks, agitators, rotors, belts,
pulleys, gear boxes, lube systems, etc.). Skilled in planning and
scheduling for preventive maintenance
- Proficient in planning, scheduling, execution, and follow-up of
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus
- Skilled in managing effective communication throughout all
levels of the organization, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding
equipment, materials, methods, and procedures needed to complete
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to work in various conditions, uneven
- Practical knowledge of MSHA standards as enforced.
- Must be able to walk up & down stairs and/or ladders and 10%
- Must be able to work in confined areas.
- Must be able to work in all-weather environments.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , General Maintenance Supervisor (Mill), Other , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!