Process Control Engineer
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
Responsible for safety and productivity providing process
control/instrumentation support and maintenance services for
- Engineer, design, and maintain installation of instrumentation
and automation systems associated with the plant.
- Design, specify, and procure control systems or parts for an
existing control system.
- Upgrade, install, configure and troubleshoot hardware and
software utilized on a Windows platform.
- Ensures proper operation of an Allen-Bradley and Rockwell
Automation system with Ethernet/IP communication through its 2000+
remote I/O over a small LAN.
- Upgrade, configure and troubleshoot a redundant Ethernet/IP
network using Cisco switches in a ring topology.
- Integration and configuration with the control system of new
I/O, motor staters and Variable Speed Drives (VFD).
- Design, installation and programming of new PLC controller and
remote IO station and equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain Cat6, Fiber optic, and RF
- Design and implement various control strategies in software and
hardware to facilitate proper operation of process equipment and
- Maintain project schedules and reporting based on PMI
- Maintain master sets of AutoCad drawings packages.
- Comply with all established ASARCO Safety, Health and
Environmental policies. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have basic technical knowledge of concentrator
- Experience with Windows PC and servers for process control
- Experience in Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500/5000 controllers and
- Experience in Factorytalk View SE, ME and distributed
- Ethernet/IP networking knowledge using Cisco devices and ring
- Knowledge in databases and historian systems creating/managing
- Ability of troubleshoot computer issues, software and hardware
- Knowledge and experience with industrial Ethernet data
communications architecture and media including, but not limited
to; Cat6, Fiber optic, wireless, and RF radio telemetry.
- Operation of various power, voltage and current measurement,
test and simulation instruments and hand tools.
- Experience with motor starters and variable speed drives (VFDs)
integration to control system and troubleshoot.
- Use of Graphic Tools such as Visio and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in reading and interpretation of various design
drawings including: instrument loop diagrams, instrument data/spec
sheets, P&ID diagrams, one-line power, and electrical control
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or a closely-related
field; 2 years of relevant process control experience; strong
background in computer programming and experience in computer
process control; experience with DCS or PLC
configuration/programming, HMI display configuration, and
networking infrastructure; and experience with Visual basic and
rules-based programming required.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , Process Control Engineer, Other , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!