Maintenance Supervisor I (S Mill)
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
Under general supervision, supervises, coordinates, and controls
the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit in the
- Direct the activities of assigned crew and monitor their
- Implement production plans according to approved schedule.
- Meet all production targets through efforts of the crew
following process parameters and strategies.
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment
requirements for projected work activities.
- Ensure the crew follows the cost-control strategies.
- Enforce safe practices, ensure safe conditions, and promote a
safe attitude among crew members.
- Comply with environmental requirements and promote
environmental awareness among crew members.
- Keep time worked and enter in the on-line system.
- Administer the provision of the Collective Bargaining
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem
areas, and may direct remedial action. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and holidays (24/7/365
- Must be proficient with MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS
- Experience with operation/maintenance of milling and/or similar
process equipment (i.e. conveyors, crushers, ball mills, sag mills,
vertical mill, screen decks, agitators, rotors, belts, pulleys,
gear boxes, lube systems, etc.). Skilled in planning and scheduling
for preventive maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing consensus
- Applicant must communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set
- Skilled in resolving day-to-day questions/problems regarding
equipment, materials, methods, and procedures needed to complete
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Practical knowledge of MSHA standards as enforced. REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some college or technical school education.
- 5 years milling process experience and 0-3 years supervisory
experience. ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY
- The job requires training or instruction in environmental
- This job requires training or instruction in Safety & Health
awareness including completion of the appropriate OSHA and/or MSHA
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially, and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , Maintenance Supervisor I (S Mill), Other , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!