Location: Green Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair process
instrumentation and control equipment throughout a mining and
- Diagnose instrumentation problems and repair equipment as
required for process measurement and control including instruments
such as conveyor belt scales, pressure transmitters, magnetic and
mechanical flow meters and ultrasonic level transmitters.
- Perform both field and bench calibration procedures on
electronic and pneumatic instruments.
- Repair and calibrate both electric and pneumatic actuated
- Determine required parameters and perform programming and
set-up of electronic instrumentation for both new and existing
- Perform process loop calibration on milliamp and voltage
signals to both local and DCS controllers
- Work with DCS personnel to modify and install new
instrumentation and resolve problems.
- Operate equipment including man lifts and fork trucks as
- Utilize PID drawings, instrument data, prints and
manufacturer's information to install and repair all types of
process instrumentation and control valve equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of measurement and control instrumentation
equipment and theory used in industrial process control including:
temperature, level, pressure, flow, density, particle size and
- Proficiency in reading and understanding instrument loop
diagrams, instrument data sheets and PID diagrams.
- Proficiency in the safe use of a variety of test equipment used
for the proper calibration, setup, and diagnostics of process
- Thorough knowledge of repair, testing and calibration of both
electrical and pneumatic actuated control valves.
- Good working knowledge of DCS and PLC PID control.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on all types of
instrumentation equipment both indoors and outdoors in a
mining/milling environment.Outdoor maintenance duties are subject
to prevailing weather conditions.
- Ability to work from ladders and bucket trucks at
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off and
overtime, as required.
- Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to
prevailing inclement weather conditions.
- Must provide own tools of the trade.
- Must have or be able to attain a valid Arizona Driver's
- Basic ability to speak, read and write English.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred candidate will have an accredited apprenticeship or
formal vocational training.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in maintenance and installation
of process instrumentation in a mining/milling or heavy industry
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , Instrumentation, Other , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!