Guidance Electronics RF Senior Principal
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 23, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $40k Sign-On
Bonus** ** Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity
to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader
end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an
expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a
more diverse team of colleagues and customers. You will be on the
front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of
innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to
have a hand in creating. Job Summary: The Guidance Electronics Team
provides Electrical Systems Engineering to develop Guidance
Electronics solutions for products across the Raytheon Missiles and
Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team develops missile Guidance
Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical engineering
responsibilities include architecture, analysis, requirements,
integration, and test. Our core electrical engineering technologies
include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS, Digital, and Power. We
partner with several Electrical Product Team departments that
provide the detailed design of our electrical products as well as
missile level systems teams. The Guidance Electronics Team is
searching for an Electrical Systems Engineer with experience in
developing RF subsystems, Radars or RF seekers. The role of the RF
subsystem engineer is to design, develop and maintain RF
architectures. Architecture development includes requirements,
analysis and modelling. RF subsystem engineer collaborates with
missile level system engineers in developing requirements for the
subsystem. They perform analysis and modeling to decompose
requirements for RF sub-assemblies and component designs.
- Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include
labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs,
subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems;
developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans;
peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations
to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is
expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers. Qualifications You
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of -10 -years of engineering experience
- Experience with -electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement
development and/or -requirement validation
- Experience in developing RF electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required. The ability to obtain and maintain
a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
clearance An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted
for additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to
2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain
antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and
configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in
detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of these
components in RF applications. Ideal candidates will also have some
experience in systems engineering and architecture and have a
desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Knowledge of mixed signal electronics.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering
(MBSE) Key Words: Radio Frequency, RADAR, Seeker, Leader,
Subsystems, Requirements, Analysis, Modelling, Architecture,
Architect, link analysis, HFSS, ADS, Genesys, Integration, IPT,
IPTL, Failure Resolution What We Offer: Whether you're just
starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes
above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. Additional Details: This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to
obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to
obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security
Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense,
handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More
information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here:
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Guidance Electronics RF Senior Principal, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!