**Minimum of $5k Sign-On Bonus** Electrical Engineer I - Analog/Power
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 24, 2022
***This position is eligible for a minimum of $5k Sign-On Bonus
*** Sign-On Bonus is not permitted for internal candidates *
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
The Low Voltage Power Products (LVPP) Department supports key
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) products, by providing
mission-critical designs relating to power conversion, motor
controls, flight termination systems, telemetry, and other analog
We are looking for early career engineers who have power
electronics knowledge to help design robust power systems for
important national defense products.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your
qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers
come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If
you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love
to hear from you.
*Responsibilities to Anticipate:*
* Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document power conversion
(and related analog) circuitry. This circuitry will dominantly
involve non-isolated and isolated switch mode power converters and
linear converters. Main emphasis is on board-mounted power end use
* Assist in architecting at the circuit card level.
* Help to see circuit card development through its design phases,
from requirements definition through initial integration
* Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for circuit
* Guide ECAD drafters through layout and routing activities, with
moderate support from senior engineers. Assist in layer stackup
* Function as an individual contributor. Understand the role of a
small team lead.
* Engage in personal technical growth.
* Clearly present your work product to functional and program
*Qualifications You Must Have:*
* Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
* At least 12 months' related experience.
* Design, analysis, test, and simulation experience with one or
more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck,
* Experience using tools such as MATLAB, MathCAD, Mathematica, or
other similar tools.
* Experience with analog electronics design, including at least one
of the following: FETs/BJTs, op-amp, high/low/band pass filters,
clock/data termination, and comparator circuits.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S.
citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a
*Qualifications We Value:*
* An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
* A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a dynamic
environment, and have good time management skills. Should have an
appreciation for how successful teams are structured.
* Experience communicating and documenting technical topics at the
small team level.
* Experience in any one of the following:
* Digital power electronics design, analysis, simulation, and test.
Includes familiarity with embedded systems architecture and
firmware development for digitally controlled power supplies.
Conceptual familiarity with wide bandgap devices (SiC, GaN) in
power electronics designs.
* Wide bandgap devices (SiC, GaN) in power electronics
designs.Conceptual familiarity with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner,
* Circuit simulator SIMPLIS, and/or system simulator SABER.
* Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
* Acting as a liaison between program and functional management in
a cross-matrixed organization.
* Military specifications.
* Design considerations for voltages > 400V and/or power >
* Three-phase power systems, power factor control, and
* Motor control development.
* Program management tools such as Earned Value.
* Proposal development.
*What We Offer*
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
*Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.*
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , **Minimum of $5k Sign-On Bonus** Electrical Engineer I - Analog/Power, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!