Sr Principle Environmental Test Engineering - Team Lead
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 24, 2022
*About Us: *
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and
investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving
mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we
can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the
The Environmental Test (ET) organization is seeking a subject
matter expert in the field of quartz lamp and structural testing to
mentor and lead a small team of engineers. ET is an engineering
organization that supports all missile programs across the Raytheon
Missiles and Defense division in Tucson, AZ. The ET organization
provides testing capability for every phase of the product life
cycle from prototype to production. Environmental testing includes
mechanical shock, electrodynamic vibration, salt fog, climatic
environments such as temperature, humidity, and altitude, high
temperature quartz lamp testing, structural testing, and custom
instrumentation installations and data acquisition support.
The Test Engineer is responsible for executing a variety of
environmental tests while collaborating in an integrated product
team environment with fellow ET Test Engineers, ET Support
Engineers, and internal engineering customers. The Test Engineer
will work within the IP team to develop the best methods for
implementing tests to meet customer requirements and is responsible
for all aspects of the test including test design and setup,
equipment control and monitoring, and data collection and analysis.
The Test Engineer is responsible for performing troubleshooting and
adjustment of both the equipment and test setup when technical
*Responsibilities to Anticipate: *
* Develop and verify test plans and procedures as well as review
plans and procedures written by others.
* Oversee and conduct testing to validate models for the purposes
of new product qualification, production acceptance, flight test
clearance, engineering evaluations, and failure investigations.
* Oversee and conduct structural testing to validate models and
ensure safety margins.
* Oversee and conduct aero-thermal heating testing using quartz
lamps to simulate extreme heating environment during flight.
* Design, model, and analyze test fixtures.
* Assist in creating schedules and budgets.
* Implement engineering best practices to ensure testing is
performed accurately and on schedule.
*Qualifications You Must Have:*
* Typically requires a Bachelor's in Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 10 years of prior relevant
experience OR an Advanced Degree in a related field and 7 years of
prior relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 14 years of
relevant experience is required.
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience performing hands on
structural and quartz lamp testing.
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience with instrumentation to
include accelerometers, force transducers, thermocouples, strain
gages, load cells, or displacement transducers.
* A minimum of five (5) years of experience with data acquisition
system hardware and software such as Dewesoft, DEWETRON, Somat, or
National Instrument's LabVIEW.
* Expert or mastery level knowledge of work area, typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
*Qualifications We Value:*
* Masters or Ph.D. in the aforementioned degree field.
* Previous experience leading teams.
* Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong communication skills including effective written, verbal,
* High situational awareness and ability to effectively work
multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience developing and evaluating requirements and able to
evaluate test issues and define solutions.
* Experience developing strategies in support of organizational
* Working knowledge of test equipment troubleshooting
* Deep knowledge of project management.
* Advanced knowledge of related disciplines within work area and
ability to identify links and potential impact on projects,
programs or systems.
*What We Offer**:*
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about
Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State
government website here:
*Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.*
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Sr Principle Environmental Test Engineering - Team Lead, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!