**Minimum $5k Sign-on Bonus** - Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer I
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 24, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $5K Sign-On Bonus**
-**Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates At
Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
The Algorithm & Simulation (A&S) Directorate is responsible for
algorithm development including Guidance, Navigation, and Control;
radio frequency (RF) and electro-optical/infrared (EO-IR) Signal
Processing; and missile-and-sensor-level Modeling and Simulation
for RMD's broad portfolio of projects, programs and products. In
the GNC department, within the Algorithm & Simulation Directorate,
we design, integrate, and optimize guidance, navigation, state
estimation, and control algorithms to meet mission objectives. We
support new business initiatives and help develop & execute
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will support missile guidance tasks including guidance law
development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping,
and miss distance performance optimization.
- You will participate in navigation tasks including system trade
studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU),
global positioning systems (GPS), as well as simulation of
navigation algorithms, particularly Kalman filters.
- You will support control system tasks including autopilot,
control actuation system, mechanism, motor control, and gimbaled
seeker servo design.
- You will work with embedded software including real-time GNC
algorithm development for missiles system products.
- You will support missile performance analysis including model
development, system optimization, and Monte Carlo assessments with
expected system disturbances.
- You will perform aerodynamic analysis tasks, including
aerodynamic prediction using empirical methods or computational
fluid dynamics (CFD), creation of aerodynamic computer models,
planning and execution of wind tunnel tests.
- You will perform air vehicle design tasks, including concept
design trade studies and optimization, design for stability and
control, and kinematic and propulsion system trade studies.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant
professional work experience (excluding internships).
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance Qualifications We
- Specific majors: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Systems
- 3.00 cumulative GPA or higher
- Experience with Matlab, C, C++, Object Oriented design -systems
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux operating systems
- Course work or work experience including one or more of the
following: classical control theory, digital and modern control
systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design -or signal processing.
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research
demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or
computer skills. -
- Coursework or experience including two or more of the
following: fluid dynamics, aerodynamic stability and control,
compressible flow, incompressible flow, or computational fluid
- Projects, internships, or work experience that demonstrates
application of aerodynamic principles.
- Effective communication and organization skills. -
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from
diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a
diversity of work and conflict resolution styles Location:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. Additional Details:
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your
resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative
GPA and projected graduation date on your resume
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance
factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US,
foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security
violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other
factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug
- Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , **Minimum $5k Sign-on Bonus** - Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer I, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!