**Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus** Electrical Digital Systems Principal Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 24, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On
Bonus** ** Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity
to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader
end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an
expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a
more diverse team of colleagues and customers. You will be on the
front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of
innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to
have a hand in creating. Job Summary: The Guidance Electronics Team
provides Electrical Systems Engineering to develop Guidance
Electronics solutions for products across the Raytheon Missiles and
Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team develops missile Guidance
Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical engineering
responsibilities include architecture, analysis, requirements,
integration, and test. Our core electrical engineering technologies
include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS, Digital, and Power. We
partner with several Electrical Product Team departments that
provide the detailed design of our electrical products as well as
missile level systems teams. The Guidance Electronics Team is
searching for an Electrical Digital Systems Engineer with
experience in developing Digital Computing subsystems and
interfaces. The role of the Digital subsystem engineer is to
develop and maintain Guidance architecture. Digital architecture
development includes requirement generation, subsystem design
model, signal integrity analysis and system mode modelling and
timing. Digital subsystem engineer collaborates with missile level
system engineers in developing requirements and circuit card design
engineer team to meet the requirements. Digital Subsystem Engineer
performs evaluation and modeling to decompose requirements for
sub-assemblies and component designs. Digital Subsystem engineers
own the electrical module and collaborate closely with Software,
Configurable Design, Power, Mechanical and RF and EO teams.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include
labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include evaluation of hardware designs,
subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems;
developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans;
peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations
to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is
expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers. Qualifications You
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of -8 -years of engineering experience
- Experience with -electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement
development and/or -requirement validation
- Experience in developing Power electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required. The ability to obtain and maintain
a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
clearance An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted
for additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to
2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain
antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and
configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in
detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of these
components in RF applications. Ideal candidates will also have some
experience in systems engineering and architecture and have a
desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
- Experience interfacing with EO and RF sensors
- Experience with Processor and FPGA technology -
- Experience in modeling tools such as Hyperlinks, Camino and
- Familiarity with power system grounding techniques
- Familiarity of configurable logic devices
- Experience in Design of system Power-Up and Down Sequences
- Previous background in circuit card processor design
- Experience in Test and Verification
- Experience in High Speed Digital Design and infaces - -
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Knowledge of mixed signal electronics.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering
(MBSE) What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your
career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a
robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with
compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life
benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the
benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave,
flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance
and child/adult backup care. Additional Details: This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to
obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to
obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security
Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense,
handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More
information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here:
https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm Employee Referral
Award Eligibility: -Only employees currently within RMD and
RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for
submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. - ALL eligibility
requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral
Awarding. Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , **Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus** Electrical Digital Systems Principal Engineer, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!