Medical Assistant for Carondelet Cardio West
Company: Tucson Physician Group Holdings
Posted on: November 25, 2022
4000 Sign on BonusSummaryA non-exempt medical office position
responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office
setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical
providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance
with the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy,
objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy
Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program
by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed
in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules,
regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that
affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and
reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by
taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual
acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients' physical
and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient's medical
record in accordance with practice's charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical
treatments, exams and medical procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular
and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs
venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients
and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing
instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in
preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical
and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment
requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants,
radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for
testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate
insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by
the physician or other health care provider, which require
pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling
appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral
processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as
High school diploma/GED required with the completion of an
accredited Medical Assisting Program or two years of relevant work
experience in lieu of completion of an accredited Medical Assisting
Medical Assistant preferred (required in some TPR markets) and CPR
Must have a minimum of one year of relevant work experience or two
years of relevant work experience in lieu of completion of an
accredited Medical Assisting Program.#LI-KK1 Employment practices
will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Tucson Physician Group Holdings, Tucson , Medical Assistant for Carondelet Cardio West, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!