Company: Easter Seals Blake Foundation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Full-time, part-time, and on-call positions available!*
*$15.00/hr starting pay!*
*Join the Easterseals Blake Foundation team today and receive a
$300 hiring bonus for a full-time position or $150 hiring bonus for
a part-time position after providing 90 days of dependable and
consistent services! (Subject to approval)*
Would you like to make a lasting impact in your local community?
Put your talents to use by becoming a Direct Support Professional!
*No experience required*! We offer paid training, excellent
benefits, and a reliable work schedule. This position is based in
either a *residential group home or in-home caregiving setting*,
and works closely with our clinical staff to support therapeutic
and behavioral plans. DSPs provide assistance and strategies to the
individuals we serve to live as independently as possible.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Transportation and support out in the community: outings/field
trips, medical appointments, and shopping
* Assist with daily living skills including meal preparation and
assist with medication administration
* Provide guidance on a range of developmental goals from community
participation, household budgeting, exercise, nutrition, and
supporting vocational responsibilities
* Support persons served with living skills such as personal
hygiene, grooming, and/or bathing
* Assist individuals we serve to redirect agitated or aggressive
*Please call or text the Recruiter hiring for this position,
Ricardo, at 520-866-1977 with any questions.*
*Minimum Requirements: *
* Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Experience: 3 months of volunteer or professional care giving
* Must be 18 years of age or older for non-driving position.
* Must be 21 years of age or older for driving position.
* Valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license and the willingness
to use personal vehicle in the course of employment. Must meet
minimum requirements of agency insurance carrier.
* Must possess a valid AZ DPS Level 1 fingerprint clearance
* CPR and First Aid certification (Employer provides).
* Must complete all in-home training within the first 14 days of
hire and all other required trainings within 90 days of hire.
* Maintain current CPR, First Aid, Article IX, and Prevention &
Supports certification. (State of Arizona, DES, DDD requirement).
*Other Requirements: *
* Must be able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such
as face mask, gown, googles and gloves, for any amount of time
necessary to provide a physical barrier to protect the employee and
* Read, write and speak effectively in English.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Must remain awake throughout entire shift.
* Must be able to operate a computer, phone and other office
* Must be able to walk, climb, stoop, squat, reach, stretch, ascend
and descend stairs.
* Must be able to support members with developmental
* Must be able to distinguish smells such as gas and other noxious
fumes for the safety of members in homes.
* Ability to work flexible schedules: weekends, nights, days,
evenings, partial shifts, 8/12/16 hour shifts.
*Easterseals Blake Foundation is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disabled
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* On call
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Easter Seals Blake Foundation, Tucson , In-Home Caregiver, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!