Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges
and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no
other - uniquely focused on delivering essential educational
content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment
on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with
our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni,
and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to
sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products
and services for an academic community.
Barnes & Noble College is seeking dynamic, friendly, and
customer-focused team members to work as Temporary Booksellers for
a period of 90 days or less in our stores. As a temporary employee
tasks you may be expected to complete include assisting customers
with locating products, answering questions, shelving and
restocking the sales floor, processing cash, credit, assisting with
refunds and returns, among other tasks.
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books,
technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food--
everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our
faculty needs. Temporary positions require availability to work on
a weekly basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional
weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or
* Greet customers, answer questions, and assist with the purchase
of merchandise or services.
* Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the
store to maintain an appealing sales floor.
* Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit,
or financial aid payments.
* Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly
basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and
flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing
* Frequent movement within the store to access various departments,
areas, and/or products.
* Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
* Frequent lifting.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local
requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and
sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements,
positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face
masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected
* Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered
* High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication
skills to interact with a variety of people.
* Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
* Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
* Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Tucson , Bookseller (Temp), Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!