Supervisor I Operations (North Mill)
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Positions Open: 1 Site Name: Mission Mine Site Location:
Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629 POSITION OVERVIEW This position is the
first level of supervision over hourly operations employees in the
North Mill. Supervise the milling process through the Control Room
at the mill and its facilities to maximize production and minimize
consumption. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- First level of supervision for Mill Operations hourly
- Supervise milling process - crushing, grinding, flotation,
filtering & tailings.
- Communicate & coordinate closely with operators to achieve
- Train, supervise, direct and support workforce in their
activities to ensure production targets.
- Communicate & coordinate closely with Mine Operations for
steady run of mine ore deliveries to the crusher.
- Inspect the equipment to determine status for repair or PM and
initiate appropriate action.
- Administer Mission Complex Safety Program and ensure regulatory
- Administer the labor contract and handle all employee issues,
- Provide timekeeping, scheduling, work-order maintenance and
purchasing/warehouse input on work needed.
- Conduct safety meetings with employees on topics relative to
- Conduct area safety inspections and correct any problems
- Prepare paperwork for use in production reporting.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles.
- Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of milling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or GED required.
- 7 years of experience in the milling process (grinding,
flotation, thickeners, etc.). A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety
First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously
improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially
and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety
and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to
the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and
effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety
systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring
that s/he works within all required safety procedures and
processes. ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates
must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of
employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background
check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen. ASARCO
LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Tucson , Supervisor I Operations (North Mill), Other , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!