Supervisor I Operations (North Mill)
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Positions Open: 1
Site Name: Mission Mine
Site Location: Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629
This position is the first level of supervision over hourly
operations employees in the North Mill. Supervise the milling
process through the Control Room at the mill and its facilities to
maximize production and minimize consumption.
- First level of supervision for Mill Operations hourly
- Supervise milling process - crushing, grinding, flotation,
filtering & tailings.
- Communicate & coordinate closely with operators to achieve
- Train, supervise, direct and support workforce in their
activities to ensure production targets.
- Communicate & coordinate closely with Mine Operations for
steady run of mine ore deliveries to the crusher.
- Inspect the equipment to determine status for repair or PM and
initiate appropriate action.
- Administer Mission Complex Safety Program and ensure regulatory
- Administer the labor contract and handle all employee issues,
- Provide timekeeping, scheduling, work-order maintenance and
purchasing/warehouse input on work needed.
- Conduct safety meetings with employees on topics relative to
- Conduct area safety inspections and correct any problems
- Prepare paperwork for use in production reporting.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles.
- Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of milling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or GED required.
- 7 years of experience in the milling process (grinding,
flotation, thickeners, etc.).
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is
committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to
work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally
responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on
and off the job, are critically important to the Company.
Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively
demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each
employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he
works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must
possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment
are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and
pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for
medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO, Tucson , Supervisor I Operations (North Mill), Other , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!