Custodial Team Lead-Various Sites Available
Company: Beacon Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
BACKGROUND: Since 1952, Beacon Group has been creating
opportunities for people with disabilities across Southern Arizona,
Phoenix and beyond. As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, Beacon
serves over 2,000 people with disabilities each year. Beacon
provides job training and placement, supported and center-based
employment, and day treatment programs to assist the more than
two-thirds of working-age people with disabilities who do not have
a job. As a Beacon employee, you can be a part of delivering our
mission and improving the lives of people with disabilities.
POSITION INTRODUCTION: We seek a dedicated person to train and
supervise a custodial crew. Previous custodial and supervisory
experience is preferred. Our organization is an Ability One Program
and we encourage people with disabilities to apply.
- Supervise all custodial assignments assuring standards are
- Assist in the training and hiring of custodians.
- Maintain all safety standards.
- Monitor all cleaning supplies and order as needed.
- Complete on a daily basis all paperwork (i.e. timecards, and
- Report to Manager all equipment that is in need of
- Report to Manager all building maintenance issues.
- Report to Manager all customer concerns.
- Perform all custodial duties as needed.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Attend training and yearly review on the OSHA Bloodborne
Pathogens Standard and Beacon's Exposure Control Policy. Understand
and follow the Standard and Exposure Control Program.
- Report any potentially dangerous situations to supervisor and
Human Resources. Take steps necessary to protect clients and staff
until the situation is corrected.
- Reinforce safe practices to clients and other staff.
- Attend Safety training(s) as required.
- In the event of an industrial accident or illness, in
conjunction with supervisor, complete an accident investigation and
report to Human Resources.
- Ability to balance, bend, stand, walk, kneel, twist, stretch,
climb and sit.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to push and pull up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to drive required for some sites
- Ability to travel independently to various sites
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, and the
- Ability to use judgment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and use equipment.
- Previous experience in the custodial industry.
- Previous experience in customer service, cleaning,
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Valid AZ driver's license and evidence of a clear motor vehicle
record required for some sites.
WORK HOURS AND SCHEDULE: M-F, Hours Vary by location
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
employer - qualified females, minorities, disabled persons, and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon focuses on career development and promotion for Direct
Support Professionals -people are at the core of everything we do.
If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you are in the
Keywords: Beacon Group, Tucson , Custodial Team Lead-Various Sites Available, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!