Project Engineer II
Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Positions Open: 1 Site Name: Corporate - Tucson Site Location:
Sahuarita, US-AZ, 85629 Position Overview The Project Engineer
manages engineering and construction projects in a mining
environment, makes technical decisions, ensures safe and compliant
execution of projects, and is eager to learn new processes,
technologies, and engineering and management skills. Essential
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to develop scope of
work, WBS, list of deliverables, main design criteria, project
acceptance criteria, project KPI's, and select qualified
engineering firms and contractors.
- Manage projects through different phases, conceptualization,
feasibility study, engineering, construction, and
- Responsible for the safety and environmental compliance on
- Develop projects schedule, define Critical Path, define
required resources, and identify project risks and
- Develop project cost estimate and monthly cash flows, and
monitor project progress.
- Implement project controls related to safety and environmental
compliance, scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, and
- Prepare project reports and maintain project documents.
- Build and maintain a positive and constructive two-way
communication with project stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to ASARCO sites as needed. Required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent safety record. Lead by example and perform work under
- Detailed oriented professional with cost conscious
- Strong engineering background and willing to stay up to date
with new engineering concepts and development in the mining and
heavy construction industry.
- Awareness of MSHA, OSHA, State, Environmental and Safety
- Ability to work well as a team member and in demonstrating
- Able to execute and hold self, as well as others, accountable
for required results.
- Proficient with Excel, AutoCAD, and MsProject.
- In addition to project management experience, the candidate
must have experience in at least two of these categories
(Concentrator, Leaching process and industrial construction).
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical
- Minimum three years in Project Management and three years in
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in Mining, Construction, or
Heavy Industry. A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The
Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their
efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and
environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and
health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the
Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and
effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety
systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring
that s/he works within all required safety procedures and
processes. ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates
must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of
employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background
check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen (hair
analysis). ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package
for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Tucson , Project Engineer II, Other , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...