Directional Drill Operator
Company: TrueNet Communications
Posted on: March 19, 2023
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible
to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor
visas for this position (H1B, etc.).Join the TrueNet family as a
-Directional Drill Operator -in the -Tucson, AZ -area! - As a
TrueNet team member you will receive competitive benefits,
excellent pay and flexible work schedules. TrueNet is a leading
company in the Telecom Industry and always looking for the perfect
addition. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of
underground telecommunications cable conduit, including fiber optic
- Ensures safety of the public and other utilities underground
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures
and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian
- Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these
- Ensures all applicable permits and locates are complete and on
- Inspects the work that is in progress to ensure that the
workmanship conforms to specifications.
- Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment,
movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade
- Level earth to final grade specifications.
- Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other
equipment as directed and certified.
- Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making
minor repairs on equipment.
- Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed
and directed by supervisor.Locator's -responsibilities include:
- Confirm bore path with install foreman and drill operator
(including walking the bore path).
- Perform job site analysis (JSA) including completion of
- Ensure there are proper clearances to install the product per
- Record the depth of the tool head as required.
- Ensure the drill head is in a good position at the exit pit to
connect the product.
- Oversee laborers and/or crew member's work and monitor time
- 3 years of Horizontal Directional Drill experience;
- Valid driver's license;
- Must obtain a CDL class "A" driver's license within 30 days of
- Clean driving record.Physical Demands:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. -
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
peers, et al.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold,
wet, and dry).Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those of a standard office
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% (most travel is planned well
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled environment out in
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status.TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and
Protected Veterans.California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), -TrueNet
-Communications is a national infrastructure engineering and
specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and
telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support
communications infrastructure for our clients across North America.
-Join our team of professionals where you can advance your career
in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We offer competitive salaries,
excellent benefits, -401k, paid time off and paid holidays.Powered
Keywords: TrueNet Communications, Tucson , Directional Drill Operator, Other , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...