Entry-level Optical Technician
Company: Optical Support, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Technicians assist OSI staff members by supporting design
activities and fabrication, and assembling and testing equipment
for OSI and customer applications. -Technicians also help maintain
OSI calibrated equipment and OSI facilities. -Additionally, OSI
technicians identify and support procurement of OSI equipment
(calibrated and otherwise), shop supplies and material for facility
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Technician
- - - - - - - - - -Work with OSI staff to assemble and test
equipment for OSI and its customers.
- - - - - - - - - -Maintain OSI equipment and facilities with
support from OSI management.
- - - - - - - - - -Support OSI facility upgrades, shipping
enclosures for OSI products, OSI test equipment and customer
products with the support of OSI engineering staff.
- - - - - - - - - -Identify and procure shop supplies and equipment
for various applications.
- - - - - - - - - -Verify through inspection and precision
measurement (optical and mechanical) that parts and assemblies meet
The Technician must have the following qualifications to
successfully perform the job.
- - - - - - - - - -A high school diploma (Post-secondary education
in engineering, mathematics or physics is a plus).
- - - - - - - - - -Experience building and testing mechanical,
electrical and/or optical equipment.
- - - - - - - - - -Ability to develop comprehension of technical
documents (engineering drawings, work instructions, and
- - - - - - - - -Willingness and interest in learning new skills
independently and with supervision as needed (OSI participates in
many exciting, first-of-their-kind projects and participants must
be willing to work through the uncertainty that accompanies.)
- - - - - - - - - -Demonstrated written and verbal communication
The following are desired but not required: -manual machining
experience, SolidWorks design and drawing experience, optical
fabrication, assembly and testing, and/or electronics assembly and
United States citizenship required due to OSI customer contract
Optical Support, Inc. (OSI) is an equal opportunity employer and
growing engineering services company specializing in custom
opto-mechanical design, fabrication, testing and production of
complex optical systems for a wide variety of customers. Our
engineering design and optical system development efforts help
drive state of the art progress in markets such as aerospace,
semiconductor manufacture, high energy lasers, biomedical
instrumentation, and optical metrology. OSI has full CNC machining,
class 100 and class 10000 clean room assembly, and alignment and
test capabilities to provide both rapid prototyping and volume
manufacturing to ensure faster time-to-market. We are currently
seeking talented individuals who are highly capable, detail
oriented, and customer focused.
Keywords: Optical Support, Inc., Tucson , Entry-level Optical Technician, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!