Autonomous Vehicle Technician (Tucson)
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This position is located in Tucson,
Company OverviewCome join a higher calling and find a deeper
purpose!As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology
Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle
Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous
trucking.While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our
current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive
much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our
people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who
are leaving behind a historic legacy.TuSimple was founded half a
decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world
together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With
a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and
Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first
global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Opportunity
OverviewThe Autonomous Vehicle Technician is responsible for
providing preventive maintenance and repairs on commercial tractors
and trailers, road trucks, shop equipment and service vehicles.
This includes commercial tractor-trailer brake system components
(hydraulics, air and ABS systems).Role Responsibilities
- Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on commercial
tractors and trailers, road trucks, shop equipment and service
- Provide preventive maintenance on commercial tractor-trailer
brake system components (hydraulics, air and ABS systems)
- Perform diagnostics using engine Original Equipment
Manufacturer software. (Cummins Insite, Diagnostic Link, Wabco
- Performs advanced diagnostics and repairs on the components of
tractor engines, drive trains, HVAC systems and communication
systems by using technical and electronic equipment
- Track, diagnose, resolve, and report on all mechanical or
electrical systems issues with vehicles.
- Test drive vehicles and test components and systems, using
equipment using computerized diagnostic devices to ensure proper
- Inspect vehicles for damage and record findings so that
necessary repairs can be made.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems,
using electronic testing equipment.
- Test electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power
systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as oil
changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5+ years experience in tractor and trailer inspection and
repair to include advanced diagnostics.
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor
Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.16
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of circuit boards, electronic equipment, and computer
hardware and software, including basic applications.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Ability to repair machines or systems using mechanical
- Ability to troubleshoot by determining causes of operating
errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and
determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Moderate knowledge on the use of common computer programs such
as MS Office and email applicationsTuSimple Benefits
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disabilityTuSimple is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age,
handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above-listed items.This position is
located in Tucson, AZ and requires onsite work.
Email your resume directly:
FedEx, UPS, Walmart, DHL, J.B. Hunt, JB Hunt, Ryder, Penske,
Lineage Logistics, NFI, Geodis, Schneider, Radial, trailer, hitch,
DOT, Driver, CDL, Deadhead, Drayage, E-Log, Flatbed, GAWR, Axle,
Long-haul, LTL, Carrier, OTR, Owner-Operator, P&D, PTDI, Relay,
Reefer, Straight Truck, Tractor Trailer, ATA, Bill of Lading,
Bobtail, Drop and Hook, ELD, FMCSA, Hot Shot, Intermodal, Link
Logistics, Line haul, TCA, TIA, Cummins Insite, Diagnostic Link,
Wabco, Toolbox, Bendix
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Tucson , Autonomous Vehicle Technician (Tucson), Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!