Company: Granite Construction Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an
industry-leading company that will give you the experience and
exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so,
then you've come to the right place!
The Plant Laborer is responsible for safely performing a wide
variety of general duties to ensure safe and efficient working
condition of an asphalt/construction materials plant. Duties
include but are not limited to maintaining housekeeping around the
plant, moving materials utilizing mobile equipment and assist in
performing plant and equipment maintenance.
Essential Job Accountabilities
* Maintain plant area and chutes free of debris and shovel
* Utilize and maintain various hand and power tools.
* Assist in servicing, repairing, adjusting, and maintaining
various pieces of equipment and machinery.
* Perform inspections of equipment, tools, machinery, and work
* Operate mobile equipment including but not limited to skid
steers, front end loaders, and forklifts.
* May perform welding tasks.
* Perform other duties as required.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency, preferred.
* Experience operating mobile equipment, preferred.
* Basic mechanical skills, preferred.
* Previous experience working with construction aggregate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while
* Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (occasionally
* Ability to work in constant exposure to outside elements, in all
* Ability to work in safety sensitive construction setting,
including exposure to moving machinery and heavy equipment.
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and
* Ability to squat, crawl, and work in awkward positions/confined
* Ability to obtain an MSHA Part 46 certificate as required for the
* Physical dexterity, stamina, and excellent hand-eye coordination
with ability to: grasp, assemble, and lift objects, stand, sit, and
walk for extended periods over uneven surfaces, squat, bend, climb
ladders onto equipment or other objects, and potentially lie
* Lifting, pushing, pulling of heavy items weighing up to 80 lbs.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to understand and comply with MSHA rules and
* Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to
ensure a safe work environment.
* Ability and willingness to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400
Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company,
one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and
construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities,
Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a
Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on
applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will
not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly
from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite,
including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address,
fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to
Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property.
Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the
receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's
recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction
with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to
a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency
that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will
only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources
Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is
authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement
of candidates by Agencies.
Keywords: Granite Construction Inc, Tucson , Plant Laborer, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!