Patient Care Technician 1 - PRN
Company: Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are currently hiring for a Patient Care
Technician 1 - PRN, for our TELE Department!The position is located
in beautiful Green Valley, Arizona, 25 miles south of Tucson. Our
hospital is an integral part of the community and we have a
committed group of healthcare professionals focused on high quality
care. We offer a warm, family environment, and would love for you
to consider being part of our family!Position Summary:Facilitates
the provision of age appropriate patient care by performing
specific nursing tasks and support functions as delegated by a
Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Medical Provider (LMP). This may
include, but is not limited to: phlebotomy/IV insertion, telemetry,
wound care, splinting and other tasks set forth in this job
- Performs technical duties including transportation of medical
supplies, patients or labs to facilitate timely patient delivery
and carry out the multidisciplinary care plan for each
- Delivers physical care and comfort measures to assigned
patients in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides emotional support and considers patient and family
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to complete assignments
during the shift and response to Stat orders.
- Appropriately assists patients at the bedside with their
individualized exercise/activity program.
- Safely assists and guards patients during ambulation.
- Monitors patient's safety, compliance and maintains a safe
environment for patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates good observation and communication skills to
enhance interdisciplinary approach.
- Demonstrates proper techniques of use for incentive
- Performs electrocardiograms following policies and procedures
and appropriate ECG lead placement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Unit Director,
Charge RN, RN or LMP.Minimum Qualifications and Preferred
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One year full-time experience as a U.S. Military
Corpsman/Medic, PCT, EMT, CNA or MA
- Ability to understand and follow English verbal & written
instructions and to communicate with patients.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Skilled in providing age appropriate basic patient care and
ability to achieve competency with minimal amount of training.
- CPR Certification and ACLS/PALS preferred if working in the
Emergency DepartmentPlease see attached Job Description for
complete list of Job Duties and Minimum/Preferred
Keywords: Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital, Tucson , Patient Care Technician 1 - PRN, Professions , Green Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!