Refinish Technician Level 1
Company: Precision Toyota of Tucson
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: Refinish Technician Level 1Dealership:
Precision Toyota has Tucson's only Toyota Certified Collision
Center. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated,
and quality-focused teammates to join our ranks and provide
exceptional customer service to our loyal guests in their time of
need.Job Breakdown: Responsible for preparing all assigned vehicles
for the refinishing and reassembly processes and support Paint
Technicians in paint jobs as requiredResponsibilities
- Complete all paint preparation processes for vehicles according
to factory specification including the direction of the mentoring
Paint Technician and by following the written repair order
- Assist Paint Technician in pre-op by preparing spray-out panels
to determine blend needs and assists in sanding and buffing to
ensure the paint finish meets quality standards.
- Actively participate in morning board meetings by knowing the
status of assigned vehicles and assisting in problem solving to
keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Consistently participate in monthly safety meetings and
utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper
refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Adhere to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
- Follow vendor procedures to maintain all tools and equipment,
including maintenance of paint booth and booth filters and
maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Utilize air sanders, spray guns, sanding blocks, etc. in order
to complete quality work
- Review estimate to ensure all operations listed have been
completed and verify the panel/parts to be painted
- Cleaning, waxing, polishing and refurbishing vehicles
- Verify repaired areas are finished to Caliber standards
- Identify all areas of the repair that may require additional
corrosion protection (Hidden welds, etc.)
- Always adhere to the "Principles of Downdraft Technology"
- Insure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is
removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been
reassembled prior to returning the vehicle to the body
- Comply with all safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- At least 18 years of age
- At least 6 months of previous experience is preferred, but not
- HS diploma or GED. Auto Body Vo-Tech certificate strongly
- Valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under our
insurance policy. (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, written
estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environmentPhysical
Requirements/Working ConditionsPosition is based on a normal shop
environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending,
squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders. Repetitive tasks
involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 lbs. Must
be able to push/pull parts carts and cars with assistance. Exposure
to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise.
Required to wear protective equipment. Must have manual dexterity
to operate equipment. Subject to weather conditions both inside and
outside.Health Considerations:We take Covid-19 seriously. On-site
employees and new hires who do not attest to being fully vaccinated
against Covid-19 may be required to:
- Abide by restrictions on company travel and off-site
- Undergo once or twice weekly Covid screening tests to catch
emerging or asymptomatic infections. You must schedule your own
tests at designated no-cost clinics at approved times, and submit
each test result to the company.
- Follow any other protocol enacted for the health and safety of
our guests and team.We appreciate the fact that some fully
vaccinated employees may, for a variety of reasons, feel more
comfortable continuing to take all of the foregoing precautions.
Employees are required to accept each other's choices to continue
following some or all precautions from which they are excused due
to their vaccination status. You should not assume, for example,
that just because a co-worker is wearing a mask at work, he or she
is not fully vaccinated.Note: These health considerations do not
serve as a vaccine mandate because alternative actions are provided
for those who remain unvaccinated. However, depending on the
pandemic's evolution, our company may institute a vaccine mandate
later. If this time comes, we will consider individual requests for
reasonable medical and religious accommodations.
Keywords: Precision Toyota of Tucson, Tucson , Refinish Technician Level 1, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!