Molding Material Handler
Company: SunMed LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCOMPANY DESCRIPTIONSunMed is a respected North
American manufacturer and distributor of one of the most
comprehensive portfolios of consumable medical devices for
anesthesia and respiratory care. For more than 40 years, SunMed has
expanded their product offering by adding reputable brands such as
Salter Labs, Ventlab, Ethox Medical, and Westmed. The SunMed family
of brands offers a product portfolio that spans the continuum of
care from first responder to home care, with safety, patient
comfort, and clinical performance in mind.POSITION SUMMARYThis
position is responsible for coordinating, organizing, identifying
material, setting up raw materials for molding machines start up
and removing material at shut down, scrap and waste removal and
machine and auxiliary equipment maintenance. POSITION
QUALIFICATIONSThe specific minimum competencies needed to perform
the essential duties of the job include knowledge, skills,
abilities, level of education, and experience necessary for
successful performance. These competencies are generally
demonstrated through specific service, education, or
training.KNOWLEDGEAcquired through education, certifications,
training, experience.LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
- Need to be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Basic math skills
- Requires Forklift/ Hand lift training
- Basic Material Handling Experience and Knowledge
- Quality, Productivity and Safety Conscious a must
- Skills setting up and operating material handling equipment and
tools i.e., Dryers, mixing tumbler, etc.
- Able to lift/ push up to 70# and knowledge of basic lifting
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work
requirements with little supervision
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with
- 3 years work experience in plastic injection molding
companyLEVEL OF EDUCATION
- High School Education, AS Degree preferred TRAVEL
- No travel required for this positionESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIESThe core tasks, duties, and responsibilities that
must be performed on the job.
- Set up and load all workstations with material in a safe and
efficient manner and fill out appropriate documentation.
- Knows how to operate and disassemble material handling
- Maintain adequate hopper levels and prepares machine and
auxiliary equipment on start up/ shutdown.
- Communicates and walkthrough with oncoming shift material
handler and review daily schedule and actual conditions of the
- Coordinate and organize material in staging and molding
- Count, record and remove material scrap/ waste.
- Count and properly identify all outgoing material and fill out
appropriate documentation RTS.
- Assist in packing when needed.
- Promote organization and good housekeeping practices.
- Follows all applicable SunMed Standard Operating procedures
including operation, instructions, and test methods and company
- Reports any auxiliary equipment dryers, autoloaders, grinders
- Perform other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
- Accountable for taking actions on stated intentions & assigned
duties. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on achieving our Company mission
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in daily work; look for
ways to improve and promote quality & safety.
- Inspire the trust of others; treat people with respect and
dignity and embrace the value of diversity.
- Use time efficiently; perform job accurately, thoroughly, and
conserve Company resources to improve profits.
- Contribute to building and maintaining a positive team
- Assure all policies and guidelines are implemented and
followed.QUALITY POLICYAt SunMed, Quality is our promise. It is our
commitment to customer satisfaction and our dedication to product
excellence in an evolving global healthcare market. This promise is
kept through a continuously improving and effective Quality
Management System and compliance to Regulatory Requirements.DEIA
STATEMENTAt SunMed, we are committed to building a diverse
workforce and an inclusive workplace that reflects the communities
and customers we serve. We believe our philosophy on Diversity,
Equity, Inclusion, and Advancement (DEIA) encourages excellence and
equips us to serve an evolving global marketplace.
Keywords: SunMed LLC, Tucson , Molding Material Handler, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!