Composite Technician C
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Composite Technician C
Job Code: IMS20220504-80052
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
As a Composite Technician C you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced
environment with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
Required tasks will include the fabrication of composites using
various techniques and types of materials, composites integration,
prototyping, painting, composites trimming and bonding, etc. This
position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T)
division, which specializes in developing disruptive,
next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS
/ UAV), next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor
technologies using small company agility and big company
- Performs complex composite fabrication tasks, such as molding,
laminating, oven-curing, trimming, and finish work.
- Constructs wet layups of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or
Kevlar utilizing various methods such as compression molds, and
- Performs mechanical assembly tasks and machine routing and
- Performs minor part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing,
burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and
- May spray paint subassemblies.
- Act upon and perform work from prints, work orders, documents,
and verbal communications.
- Works with epoxies, resins, and other chemical compounds,
mixing according to specified formulas.
- Checks tolerances to ensure that fabricated parts meet drawing
- Performs routine testing, such as pressure testing, resistance
testing, and torque testing.
- Cleans work area and tooling.
- Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion lifting up to
- Participates in on-the-job training to enhance skills related
to job function, quality, safety, LEAN manufacturing, and other
topics as necessary.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance and any
additional clearances as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent related experience
- Experience with manufacturing tasks associated with kitting,
grinding, sanding, bonding, molding and/or assembly with a variety
of composite materials.
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office products
Perferred Additional Skills:
- Experience mixing and spraying MIL-spec paints/coatings
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a
multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational
- Excellent communication skills (verbal)
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Tucson , Composite Technician C, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!