Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus Principal Electrical Power Systems Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 23, 2022
This position is eligible for a minimum of $30k Sign-On Bonus
Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On BonusAbout Us: At
Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers. You will be on the front lines as we
trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and
chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in
creating.Job Summary:The Guidance Electronics Team provides
Electrical Systems Engineering to develop Guidance Electronics
solutions for products across the Raytheon Missiles and Defense
(RMD) portfolio. Our team develops missile Guidance Electronics
Hardware. Our core electrical engineering responsibilities include
architecture, requirements, integration, and test. Our core
electrical engineering technologies include RF/RADAR,
Navigation/IMU/GPS, Digital, and Power. We partner with several
Electrical Product Team departments that provide the detailed
design of our electrical products as well as missile level systems
teams.The Guidance Electronics Team is searching for an Electrical
Power System Engineer with experience in developing Power system
designs. The role of the Power subsystem engineer is to develop and
maintain Power & Grounding architectures. Power architecture
development includes power requirement generation, system power
design model, power & grounding analysis and power mode modelling.
Power subsystem engineer collaborates with missile level system
engineers in developing requirements for the power subsystem and
circuit card design engineer team to meet the requirements. Power
Subsystem Engineer performs analysis and modeling to decompose
requirements for power sub-assemblies and component designs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include
labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include evaluation of hardware designs,
subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems;
developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans;
peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations
to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is
expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers.Qualifications You
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience
- Experience with electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement
development and/or requirement validation
- Experience in developing Power electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required.The ability to obtain and maintain
a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
clearanceAn advanced degree in a related field may be substituted
for additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to
2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of
experience.Qualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain
antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and
configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in
detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of these
components in RF applications. Ideal candidates will also have some
experience in systems engineering and architecture and have a
desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
- Experience in federated and distributed power systems
- Experience in modeling tools such as Saber Model
- Experience in system grounding techniques and
- Previous background in regulator design
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Knowledge of mixed signal electronics.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering
(MBSE)Key Words: System Grounding, Power Mode modeling, Power
subsystems, Leader, Subsystems, Requirements, Modelling,
Architecture, Architect, link analysis, Tools, IPT, IPTL, Failure
Resolution What We Offer : Whether you're just starting out on your
career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a
robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with
compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life
benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the
benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave,
flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance
and child/adult backup care. Additional Details: This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to
obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to
obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security
Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense,
handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More
information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here: Employee Referral
Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S
have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a
referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements
must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Minimum $30k Sign-On Bonus Principal Electrical Power Systems Engineer, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!