Senior Engineering Support Technician
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 23, 2022
*About Us: *
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
*Job Description: *
An Engineering Support Technician is responsible for the building,
installing, troubleshooting, repairing and inspecting Engineering
circuit card assemblies, cable, and harness systems. Work includes
Engineering prototyping, field service, and repair of returned
materials. Candidates will be able to rework and modify Engineering
micro-sized components on CCAs, prototype sub-assemblies, completed
assemblies, cables, and harness systems per Engineering drawings,
schematics, or work instructions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the skills and knowledge
required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective
Engineering micro-components and wiring to ensure installations
meet Engineering conformity. This individual will demonstrate
effective cable and harness repair techniques using acceptable
practices including splicing, crimping, soldering and pinning of
wiring. The candidate will ensure that all work performed is
properly and completely documented and ready for use. Verification
and inspection may be required, and candidate will need to be able
to identify and document findings per authorizing protocols. The
candidate will also provide on-the-job recommendations in solving
hardware integration issues with mid and upper-level Engineering
and Leadership. The candidate will comply with the company's FOD
program, tool control program and all safety regulations. The
candidate may perform duties at various company locations.
*Responsibilities to Anticipate:*
Modify, rework, and populate Engineering CCA's, assemblies, and
subassemblies to ensure proper operation per established criteria.
Perform required repairs to returned and damaged units to an
operational state. This includes:
* Micro-soldering under a microscope for an extensive period of
* Build cables and harnesses from schematics.
* Quality verification and inspection under a microscope
* Identify, repair, and replace wire harnesses and cable
* Replace mechanical and electrical components.
* Operate multi-meters or basic ohmmeters to conduct point-to-point
* Recognize failures, isolate problems, and suggest appropriate
* Keep management appraised of potential problems or identified
risks that may negatively affect program schedule or quality.
* Provide support and feedback to the Engineering development
*Qualifications You Must Have:*
* Typically requires an Associate's Degree and 8 Years prior
* Verification and inspection experience with associated standards,
processes, and documentation.
* Must have experience using hand tools such as soldering iron,
cutters, wire strippers, and electric heat gun.
* Assembly, fabrication, and rework experience of micro-size
components on circuit card assemblies.
* Cable and harness assembly, fabrication, and rework
* The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S.
citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a
*Qualifications We Value:*
* Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, short
correspondence, memos, schematics, detailed electronic blueprints,
and other similar authorized drawings and documents.
* Ability to establish customer priorities and manage multiple
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of aerospace industry methods and processes.
* Understanding of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* CCA manufacturing experience and associated fabrication
standards, processes, and documentation.
* IPC J-STD-001 solder certification.
* IPC 610 and 620 acceptability certification and inspection
* Motivated self-starter with the ability to use good judgement and
work independently or collaboratively.
* Ability to perform quality work within a fast-paced Engineering
technical support environment.
* Solder rework equipment to include reflow oven, mini-wave,
pre-heater, hot air pencil, and de-solder tools.
* Ability to work with fabrication processes such as bonding,
cleaning, coating and mechanical fasteners.
* Existing secret security clearance.
*What We Offer:*
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
*Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.*
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Senior Engineering Support Technician, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!