Senior Engineering Support Technician
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 25, 2022
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the
opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a
broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set,
an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a
more diverse team of colleagues and customers. - Job Description: -
- - An Engineering Support Technician is responsible for the
building, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and inspecting
Engineering circuit card assemblies, cable, and harness systems.
Work includes Engineering prototyping, field service, and repair of
returned materials. Candidates will be able to rework and modify
Engineering micro-sized components on CCAs, prototype
sub-assemblies, completed assemblies, cables, and harness systems
per Engineering drawings, schematics, or work instructions. The
successful candidate will demonstrate the skills and knowledge
required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective
Engineering micro-components and wiring to ensure installations
meet Engineering conformity. This individual will demonstrate
effective cable and harness repair techniques using acceptable
practices including splicing, crimping, soldering and pinning of
wiring. The candidate will ensure that all work performed is
properly and completely documented and ready for use. - -
Verification and inspection may be required, and candidate will
need to be able to identify and document findings per authorizing
protocols. - The candidate will also provide on-the-job
recommendations in solving hardware integration issues with mid and
upper-level Engineering and Leadership. The candidate will comply
with the company's FOD program, tool control program and all safety
regulations. The candidate may perform duties at various company
locations. - Responsibilities to Anticipate: Modify, rework, and
populate Engineering CCA's, assemblies, and subassemblies to ensure
proper operation per established criteria. Perform required repairs
to returned and damaged units to an operational state. This
- Micro-soldering under a microscope for an extensive period of
- Build cables and harnesses from schematics.
- Quality verification and inspection under a microscope
- Identify, repair, and replace wire harnesses and cable
- Replace mechanical and electrical components.
- Operate multi-meters or basic ohmmeters to conduct
point-to-point current connection.
- Recognize failures, isolate problems, and suggest appropriate
- Keep management appraised of potential problems or identified
risks that may negatively affect program schedule or quality.
- Provide support and feedback to the Engineering development
team. Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires an Associate's Degree and 8 Years prior
relevant experience OR in absence of a degree, 10 years of prior
relevant experience is required.
- Verification and inspection experience with associated
standards, processes, and documentation.
- Must have experience using hand tools such as soldering iron,
cutters, wire strippers, and electric heat gun.
- Assembly, fabrication, and rework experience of micro-size
components on circuit card assemblies.
- Cable and harness assembly, fabrication, and rework
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. -
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance. Qualifications We Value:
- -Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, short
correspondence, memos, schematics, detailed electronic blueprints,
and other similar authorized drawings and documents.
- Ability to establish customer priorities and manage multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of aerospace industry methods and processes.
- Understanding of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook) -
- CCA manufacturing experience and associated fabrication
standards, processes, and documentation.
- IPC J-STD-001 solder certification.
- IPC 610 and 620 acceptability certification and inspection
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to use good judgement
and work independently or collaboratively.
- Ability to perform quality work within a fast-paced Engineering
technical support environment.
- Solder rework equipment to include reflow oven, mini-wave,
pre-heater, hot air pencil, and de-solder tools.
- Ability to work with fabrication processes such as bonding,
cleaning, coating and mechanical fasteners.
- Existing secret security clearance. What We Offer: Whether
you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. Location Information: This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
#LI-Onsite Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Senior Engineering Support Technician, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!