Minimum $10k Sign-on Bonus Electrical Engineer II - Digital Power Design
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is eligible for a minimum of $10k Sign-On
Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
The Low Voltage Power Products (LVPP) Department supports key
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) products, by providing
mission-critical designs relating to power conversion, motor
controls, flight termination systems, telemetry, and other analog
We are looking for junior to mid-level engineers who have digital
power converter design experience to help design robust power
systems for important national defense products.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry
potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies
(non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted
power end use applications.
- Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through
PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Work to further our department's mastery of digital power
conversion concepts, and help develop related best practices.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this skill.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Design and analysis experience with digital power converter
- Design and analysis experience with linear converters, and one
or more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck,
- Simulation and test experience with one or more of the
following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost,
- Design and analysis experience with analog electronics,
including at least two of the following: FET/BJT logic level,
op-amp, high/low/bandpass filters, clock/data termination, and
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance Qualifications We Value:
- Experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD)
personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical
- Robust conceptual familiarity (professional experience
preferred) with any two of the following isolated converter
topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, forward, push-pull.
Conceptual familiarity and experience must include stability.
- Conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with
transformer and inductor design considerations in power electronics
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power
architecture trades, and/or with system-level power architecture
trades, including power converter specification development
- Professional experience with circuit simulator SIMPLIS, system
simulator SABER, and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Professional experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and
- Experience with military specifications.
- Familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware
development for digitally controlled power supplies.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power >
- Professional leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned
- Experience with proposal development. What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently
within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral
Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL
eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive
the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Tucson , Minimum $10k Sign-on Bonus Electrical Engineer II - Digital Power Design, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!