Water/Wastewater Plant Operator
Company: Desert Diamond Casino
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Under the direct supervision of the Water/Wastewater Plant
Supervisor, will perform a variety of skilled, technical and
administrative work of the operation. Operates, maintains, monitors
controls and repairs all water/wastewater plant process equipment,
including pumps, motors, blowers, chlorinators, chemical feeds,
sludge equipment and basic laboratory equipment to ensure that
treated water/wastewater meets Tribal, State and EPA quality
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of
the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Obtains water/wastewater samples and performs water lab tests;
conducts various lab tests to determine proper process and
* Recognizes the need for and makes basic treatment and operational
changes to the water/wastewater processes and distribution systems
to meet water quality standards.
* Changes pump settings as needed; monitors and adjusts flows
through wells, booster pumps, treatment plant lift station and
aeration tanks to control the distribution system and system
* Reads and interprets meters, gauges and instruments. Enters daily
readings into daily/monthly reports.
* Prepares and submits water/wastewater samples to certified
testing lab for analysis and report to meet the required agency
* Inventories, estimates usage and prepares orders for supplies.
Insures quality of materials received.
* Records daily activities in logbook and stores in facility
* Maintains reports in facility records and sends to appropriate
* Maintains all water/wastewater equipment such as blowers, pumps,
motors, chlorinators, filters, and all other equipment essential to
the plant operations.
* Ensures proper care in the use of and maintenance of equipment
* Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires possession of an ADEQ or equivalent Grade 2 Water
Treatment Plant Operator's Certificate at the time of application
and an ADEQ or equivalent Grade 1 Wastewater Treatment Plant
Operator's Certificate at the time of application. 2 years
progressive experience in water/wastewater operation; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver's
license with a clean driving record and be insurable (for driving).
Must be 18 years of age or older No felony, theft or stealing
convictions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol
screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming
license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Familiar with a computerized Maintenance Management System.
* Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and
* Knowledge of approved methods of water and/or wastewater testing
* Knowledge of proper methods, materials and standards for the
installation and testing of backflow prevention devices.
* Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and
* Ability to read, evaluate and interpret construction drawings and
* Ability to maintain, repair and install motors and pumps.
* Ability to perform water and wastewater tests and analysis.
* Ability to interpret test results.
* Ability to prepare written reports.
* Ability to use hand and power tools.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with
individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with
co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually
seek improvement in results.
* Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop
While performing the duties of this job, the team member frequently
is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
team member regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or
hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or
smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural
weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while
performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals and unpleasant
odors. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable
ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves,
protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Some
work may be performed in a casino setting with exposure to
second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard,
holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and
irregular shifts may be required.
Keywords: Desert Diamond Casino, Tucson , Water/Wastewater Plant Operator, Professions , Sahuarita, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!