Company: ASARCO LLC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Positions Open: 4 Site Name: Silver Bell Mine Site Location:
Marana, US-AZ, 85653POSITION OVERVIEW Utilize welding expertise to
maintain mining equipment for open pit copper mining operation.
- Repair mining equipment; including but not limited to: shovels,
trucks, loaders and dozers.
- Some mechanic work and assisting mechanics as needed.
- Responsible for executing, supporting, and enforcing the
Company's Environmental, Health and Safety program as required by
OIS policy, directives, and principles. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
- Must possess strong skills in electric welding, gas welding,
fabrication, air arcing and plasma cutting.
- Must be able to read prints, layout and fabricate.
- Must be able to operate metal fabrication equipment including
shears, rolls, brakes, punch, saw, etc.
- Requires working a 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
- Requires working in the field in all climate conditions as well
as working independently.
- Requires wearing personal protective equipment as required to
minimize health exposure in mining environment.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform requirements of the
- Must be able to work from verbal communication and be able to
read and interpret documents such as safety rules and standard
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy objects, climb and stand
for extended periods.
- Must be able to pass welding test. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in all types of welding
and working with various metals.
- Must have High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Welding certification a plus A core value of ASARCO LLC is
"Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees
continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe,
inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner
practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job,
are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC
requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working
knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime
responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required
safety procedures and processes. ASARCO LLC is provides equal
opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, age, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
disability, military status, familial status, or any other
characteristic(s) protected by local, state or federal law(s).
Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal
background check and pre-employment physical including a drug
screen. ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package
for medical/prescription/dental/vision, disability coverage, life
insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company
Keywords: ASARCO LLC, Tucson , Welding Technician, Professions , Marana, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...