Inventory Control & Purchasing Specialist
Company: CODAC Health
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Speedway, Bldg 1 - Tucson, AZ
2 Year Degree
Up to 25%
This Inventory Control & Purchasing Specialist is responsible for
seeking reliable vendors or suppliers, negotiating prices or
contracts as well as coordinating the day-to-day product ordering
and inventory levels to ensure that CODAC objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Seek reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods at
reasonable prices including but not limited to negotiating prices
- Maintain accurate system and physical inventory balances on all
assets, including location, quantity, type & value. Perform
location and product verification tasks as required.
- Administer the inventory control and distribution of materials
in centralized and remote storerooms.
- Follow standard operating procedures for changing and/or
resolving discrepancies on purchase orders.
- Help develop & write standard operating procedures.
- Plan short and long-term objectives for the materials control
function. Set priorities for utilizing resources.
- Prepare budget and control expenditures.
- Communicate issues and/or any discrepancies, missing or
erroneous data to Purchasing and/or Accounts Payables.
- Help perform root cause investigations of basic inventory
discrepancies and identify damaged and obsolete merchandise;
escalate issues to higher level management, as needed.
- Direct and coordinate inventory control functions with
Operations, Information Technology and Finance departments.
- Evaluate the storeroom activities for accuracy and
- Oversee the keeping of stock records and the updating of the
data on the computerized maintenance management system.
- Meet with appropriate departments and management to coordinate
future needs/ requirements from inventory.
- Participate in CODAC-wide cross-functional projects or
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth
and changes. Qualifications
- A minimum of Associates degree in Business Administration,
Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of
education and experience Experience:
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in
inventory management/control. Experience in advanced data analysis
- 1 year of experience in an inventory, purchasing,
transportation, logistics, receiving, or distribution related
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to
coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Certifications:
- Lean, Sigma or Agile, preferred Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Agile and/or Continuous Process
- Knowledge of materials management and administration.
- Proficient in use of a computerized maintenance management
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and
willingness to use personal vehicle. Drivers license is an
essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations
or a license suspension in past 3 years. Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Keywords: CODAC Health, Tucson , Inventory Control & Purchasing Specialist, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...