Service Technician IV - HVAC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Our Service Tech IV - HVAC serves as a lead and front-line resource
to service technicians through technical support and provides
guidance and training to other technicians. Performs inspections,
testing, repairs, servicing, and planned maintenance of HVAC
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's - premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. -For 70 -years, our employee-owned company has
provided innovative services that optimize the performance of
world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare
facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical
facilities and industrial complexes and other essential
institutions.Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart
of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE
Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to
Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to
Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and
professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses HVAC system performance through observation, testing
and setup as required by trade/position and type/size of equipment
to include split systems up to 120 tons, mini split systems, 3
tons/multizone, VRV heat pump/recovery, RTUS up to 150+ tons, WSHP
up to 120 tons, self-contained systems, CRAC units, air/water
cooled chillers, air-side, AHUs and EFs, pumps and piping.
- Coordinates work processes on large projects.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small
commercial or residential equipment to perform troubleshooting and
planned maintenance as indicated in the service agreement.
- Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service
calls as directed.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains
work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Communicates and documents project status to all project
- Serves as a lead and front-line resource to service technicians
through technical support.
- Coordinates the work of subcontractors, and trains and provides
guidance to technicians.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements
of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant HVAC Service experience
- High School Diploma or GED.Two-year technical degree in related
field is preferred.
- Must possess required registrations, professional licenses
and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes
is required. -
- Knowledge of brand specific controls (Siemens, Johnson
- Proficient in reading complex schematics and prints
- Able to perform as a self-managed individual
- Must be able to display a professional demeanor, solid
interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication
- HVAC Unitary skills: split system - all brands up to 120 tons,
mini-split system - up to 3 tons heat pump and all brands
Multi-Zone, VRV Heat Pump and VRV Heat Recovery, roof top units -
all brands up to 150+ tons, water source heat pumps - all brands up
to 120 tons, self-contained systems - water-cooled and air cooled
with remote condenser and CRAC units -
- HVAC Chiller skills: Air-cooled chillers -
Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Screw with VFD and Magnetic. Water
Cooled Chiller - Scroll/reciprocating, Screw, Variable Speed Screw
and Magnetic. - Centrifugal Chiller Theory.
- Airside skills: - Fan Powered Box, VAV Box, VFD Theory. - Air
Handler: Theory of AHU operation and Theory of control valve
operation. Exhaust fans: Centrifugal Up blast Roof Fans,
Centrifugal Inline Fan and Vane Axial High Pressure Fans.
- Pumps and Piping Systems skills: Pumps -- ability to identify
all components, pump configurations and chiller configurations.
Flow Control - automatic/circuit setter. - Piping - strainers and
back-flow -devices.TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TDIndustries recruits qualified applicants and advances in
employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or
national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other
status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected
Keywords: TDIndustries, Tucson , Service Technician IV - HVAC, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!