88M Truck Driver
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Keep the Nation moving forward in the Army National Guard. In the Guard, the Truck Driver is the Soldier who makes sure other Soldiers and their supplies get where they need to go, either by supervising the transportation team or by operating the vehicle. This is the way the Guard Truck Driver plays an essential role in the accomplishment of many Guard missions and the skills you learn in the Guard will help prepare you for a career and future as a tractor-trailer, heavy truck, or bus driver. You will:
- Operate all wheeled vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of combat operations
- Manage loading and unloading of personnel and cargo
- Secure cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage
- Employ land navigation techniques
- Operate vehicle mounted radios and weapons
- Perform vehicle self-recovery and field expedients to include towing vehicles
- Prepare vehicles for movement/shipment by air, rail, or vesselEarn while you learn
Get paid to learn! Join the Guard and you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Truck Driver consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn fundamental Soldiering skills, and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which includes practice in driving several types of military vehicles. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Requires military enlistment. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability. Benefits subject to change.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Healthcare Benefits AvailableRequirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $196.26 and $254.91 per drill weekend.
Programs and benefits are subject to change.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Tucson , 88M Truck Driver, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!