Electrical Service Technician
Company: Corbins Electric
Posted on: March 18, 2019
OverviewEmployer is now hiring for Electrical Service Technicians. Service Technicians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures and ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. If you are interested in a great career and an amazing company apply today.Responsibilities
- Deductive Reasoning: Electrical technicians need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and solve it. Electrical technicians help create, maintain and repair the electronic components and equipment used in any equipment or device that involves electricity. They can sometimes work with electricians or electrical engineers, or work on site to keep machinery and specialty equipment running correctly.
- Logic: Electrical techs need to be able to look at electrical blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed. Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity.
- Math: Math is needed to analyze and create schematics. Electrical technicians use specialized measuring and diagnostic devices to evaluate how electrical equipment is working, building or calibrating instrumentation, build electronic devices based on reading schematics, inspect for problems, replace old equipment and install new equipment, and much more.
- Observation: Electrical technicians need to be able to look at electrical grids and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly.
- Problem-Solving: Electrical techs need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
- Education: To become an electrical technician, you need an associate's degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology. This can be done through a vocational school, community college or technical school. This can also be offset by technical training such as apprenticeship or journeyman certification.
1. Valid Drivers License
2. Flebility in work schedule (some work is required at night/after hours)
3. On call 24hr every other week/weekend
4. Self Motivation
5. Supervise/Motivate othersQualificationsThis is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Employer to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Corbins Electric, Tucson , Electrical Service Technician, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!