Maintenance Technician- El Conquistador
Company: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services
Posted on: July 14, 2019
The Maintenance Technician is generally responsible for assisting
the Maintenance Supervisor in completing tasks that ensure the
community meets all safety standards, community appearance
standards and that all apartments, equipment and amenities are
maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Technician
prepares vacant apartments for new residents, occasionally responds
to and completes resident requests for maintenance and demonstrates
a high-level of customer service at all times. Maintenance
Technicians will perform all of their duties in compliance with all
federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry
including Fair Housing.
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (or
Community Manager if community is not staffed with a Maintenance
Supervisor) and has no subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers and promotes excellent customer service and supports
the resident retention and service goals of the community at all
- Prepares apartments for new residents by removing trash and
other debris, performing maintenance, painting and cleaning within
the time frames established by the community.
- Participates in maintaining community appearance by removing
litter and cleaning grounds, walk ways and breezeways, parking lots
and curbs, trash receptacle areas, amenities and other common
areas. Paints and maintains fencing, curbs, building exteriors and
common area interiors.
- Responds within 24 hours to resident requests for maintenance,
troubleshoots problems and takes action to resolve maintenance
issues. Cleans up work area and restores it to its original
condition. Notifies residents (or ensures that residents are
notified) that their requests have been completed.
- Regularly scheduled to respond to emergency maintenance
requests after hours.
- Completes all administrative requirements and forms accurately
and in accordance with established community deadlines (i.e. time
sheets, turnover cards, on-call logs, site inspection logs, service
requests, pool logs, maintenance checklists, etc.).
- Follows established procedures for accessing and returning
tools and other materials from the maintenance shop. Assists
Maintenance Supervisor with the inventory and ordering process when
requested. Maintains, secures, organizes and cleans the shop as
- Performs routine maintenance on community equipment, pools,
amenities, office equipment, and tools as necessary to ensure all
is in proper working order.
- Performs routine lighting inspections and replaces burnt-out
bulbs as necessary.
- Participates in safety inspections and alerts supervisor of any
safety hazards immediately. Complies with all safety policies
including utilizing required safety equipment (i.e. back belt,
safety glasses, etc.)
- Participates in all mandatory training programs.
- Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools,
reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper uniform.
- May be required to assist at other Shelton-Cook communities
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and
- Ability and skills to perform maintenance in any or all of the
following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair, carpentry,
painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair & replacement,
roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic
- Ability to effectively work on a team and contribute to team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED1. Prior maintenance experience
working in the apartment industry or similar industry
2. Prior experience in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting,
or HVAC required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand, bend, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle tools
and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee
must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds individually and up to
200 pounds with assistance devices (i.e. hand trucks, dollies,
additional persons, etc.) Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an
outdoor environment and is exposed to adverse weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to
Keywords: Shelton-Cook Real Estate Services, Tucson , Maintenance Technician- El Conquistador, Professions , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!