Assistant Regional Sales Manager
Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Assistant Regional Sales Manager acts as the line of
communication between corporate and retail employees for a specific
region. They help to educate employees on things such as, but not
limited to new sales tools, the company's financial goals for each
month, policies, procedures, and information from marketing, IT,
and the warehouse.
In addition, this position will drive training and development of
the store staff, and act as a leader to the retail team. The
Assistant Regional Sales Manager will help employees with
understanding and communicating the mission and value of BMC
Mattress stores best practices, product learning, and consumer
insights, optimal marketing, messaging, and brand presentation.
This position requires a strong leader who has demonstrated, in the
retail landscape, well developed business and financial judgement,
strong organizational skills, process oriented and quality minded.
They must demonstrate the ability to drive cross functional
collaboration, problem solving, process development, analysis,
measurement, and reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Foster and support a collaborative and open environment.
- Assist with defining and ensuring compliance of processes and
procedures by all Associates, such as but not limited to, physical
inventory, store and product presentation and care, and sales
- Ensure all safety and security processes and procedures are
- Assist in mentoring, coaching, and training of all Associates to
ensure optimal customer service performance and follow-up
- Assist in defining local marketing initiatives, including but not
limited to social media advertising and ensuring tasks are
completed as required. Work with management to develop sales
promotions, contests, and other related items to improving sales
and obtaining favorable reviews on social media for all locations
while protecting the brand image.
- Act as a liaison between store operations and the PDC to include
inventory, product requirements and deliveries. Ensure compliance
from all associates with product ordering, receiving, and
- Manage policies and take corrective action as necessary while
working with the Regional Sales Manager and Human Resources on
- Willingness to bring forward new ideas or suggestions.
- Frequently visit store locations within area of
- Hiring and terminations
- Supervises team of 10+ Store Managers and Sales Associates
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Working greater than 40 hours is
expected, specifically at times surrounding critical deadlines.
Business travel will be required as needed to visit store locations
and connect with store management and local community leaders and
likely will be in the 80-90% range.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BMC Mattress LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, BMC Mattress LLC complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and
BMC Mattress LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of BMC Mattress LLC's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
- Results driven, strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team and lead by
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with technical and
- Ability to represent/demonstrate the company's core values
- Ability to influence and build trust
- A presence and ability to influence up, across, and down the
- Ability to manage effectively across a matrixes organization
- Ability to innovate, solve problems, take risks
Preferred Additional Skills
- Inventory Software
- Payroll Systems
- Delivery Systems
- Word Processing Software
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Internet Software
- Order Processing Systems
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years relevant work experience in Retail and/or Business
- 3+ years management experience
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Tucson , Assistant Regional Sales Manager, Sales , Tucson, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!